Coca-Cola by OPI Review
Disclosure: I was not financially compensated for this post. I received a sample of the product for review purposes. The opinions are my own, based on my personal experience with the product.
Coca-Cola reminds me of so much of summer. Growing up we went boating on the Ottawa River every weekend all summer long. I remember popping open a cold can of Coca-Cola or Sprite and quenching my thirst on a hot, humid Ontario summer day. My dad always kept his cooler well-stocked with pop and snacks. Coca-Cola is an iconic brand that I associate with summer fun and being happy. And now I have another chance to reminisce with the newly launched limited edition collection of nail lacquers from OPI. Coca-Cola by OPI is available in spas and salons starting in June 2014. I think a summer launch is fitting for this exciting new partnership!
This new collection features a wide range of colours that are inspired by popular brands of The Coca-Cola Company. They are much more than just the red can of Coca-Cola. There’s Sprite, Coke Zero, Cherry Coke and even Fanta Grape and Fanta Orange. Those last two I didn’t realize they were part of the brand until learning about this collection. The colour are a good mix from classic red (no surprise there!), metallic silver, cream, citrus green and more.
Below is the list of the all the shades of the collection including the brand that inspired them.
- Coca-Cola Red (inspired by Coca-Cola): Classic red- always in style, always perfect.
- You’re So Vain-illa (inspired by Vanilla Coke): I bet you think this creamy nude is all about you.
- Sorry I’m Fizzy Today (inspired by Vanilla Coke): Do Not Disturb…I’m enjoying this creamy, smooth pink.
- Get Cherried Away (inspired by Cherry Coke): Seriously, this black cherry is over-the-top gorgeous!
- My Signature is “DC” (inspired by Diet Coke): My initial impression? This shimmery silver is just “write!”
- Today I Accomplished Zero (inspired by Coke Zero): Dramatic black with effervescent red sparkle is a total must-do.
- Green on the Runway (inspired by Sprite): This uncut-lime green makes a real fashion statement.
- A Grape Affair (inspired by Fanta Grape): Make a big-to-do in this deepest, darkest purple.
- Orange You Fantastic! (inspired by Fanta Orange): Glitter to the max in this juicy orange explosion!
My two favourites are the shades inspired by Vanilla Coke. I think the soft pink of Sorry I’m Fizzy Today is pretty and feminine. I was most intrigued by the cream coloured You’re So Vain-illa. At first glance I thought it was just an off-white. It’s not though. It reminds me of creamy café au lait. It’s muted, classy and unique. If I was any good at doing nail art, I’d probably do something with this colour and the classic red. I think the two of them together would really make a bold statement.
Like I mentioned above, you’ll be able to buy the shades in this collection starting in June 2014 at professional salons and spas across the country. They have an SRP of $10.95/bottle.
I have a few other tidbits of information that I wanted to pass along. Also coming out is The Coca-Cola 10 Pack of Style set featuring 8 shades in mini bottles along with a a mini OPI Top Coat and mini OPI Original Nail Envy. This mini pack will retail for $29.95. My daughter is turning 16 this July and think it would make a nice birthday gift.
Coca-Cola by OPI will also be available as a GelColor formula starting in June as well. However, you can only try it at a salon since it’s an in-salon, professional service only. When you get a pedicure or manicure done, ask if the salon offers it.
Want to win the Coca-Cola by OPI collection of nail lacquers? Make sure to enter my giveaway going on right now!