8 Quick & Easy Spring Cleaning Tips
Disclosure: I was compensated for this post. All opinions expressed are my own.
Believe it or not, I actually enjoy cleaning my house. I’m sure I can’t be the only one out there who finds cleaning relaxing? I think there’s just something about having everything fresh, shiny and stowed away. A place for everything and everything in its place or so they say. It’s just so much better to wake up to a clean home and I don’t have to worry if people stop by unexpectedly. I always feel embarrassed if my house is a mess when company pops over!
My Spring Cleaning is pretty much done. I’m on the last stretch right now doing some yard work. Our Spring garbage pick up is coming up soon so I wanted to get rid of all our old junk. With my renovations complete, my home has never looked better.
Arm & Hammer has some Spring cleaning tips to help make the process easier and maybe even I dare say enjoyable?!
1. Make a list. Compile a list of every room in your house making sure you don’t miss the often forgotten about rooms like the laundry room, garage or pantry. For each room, write down cleaning tasks and then you can feel accomplished as you cross the tasks off your list as you complete them.
2. Work from top down, inside to outside. This way you won’t dirty the rooms you just finished cleaning.
3. Save money by washing your clothes, towels, comforters, etc in cold water. You can use a detergent specifically formulated for cold water washes like ARM & HAMMER Coldwater Laundry Detergent. It will get out the dirt and gross smells even with cold water washing. I also get out the warmer weather clothes and jackets from storage and give them a wash to freshen them up.
4. Set aside enough time to clean one room or at least an area of one room. This way you’ll have the satisfaction of seeing one room from start to finish. Seeing the progress helps you to keep going!
5. Freshen up your fridge. Baking soda is very powerful, effective and versatile cleaner. Add a box of ARM & Hammer Fridge Fresh to the inside of your fridge to help eliminate odours and help foods taste fresher longer. Remember to change it every three months. An easy way to remember is to change it at the start of each new season.
6. Shine up your kitchen counters with baking soda. It’s a natural and food-safe surface cleanser. Just sprinkle it on a damp sponge or cloth to wipe surfaces clean.
7. Restore shine to your sterling silver and silver plate serving pieces with baking soda. Mine get dusty and dull in their cabinet since they are not used everyday. You can clean them by making a baking soda paste. Add 2 parts ARM & HAMMER Baking Soda to 1 part water. Rub the paste onto the silver with a clean cloth or sponge till the tarnish disappears. Then rinse and dry and watch them sparkle and glean!
8. Spruce up your patio furniture with baking soda. You can keep your outdoor furniture looking great with baking soda and water. Also add a little baking soda under the cushions to give it a burst of freshness.
Have you started your Spring cleaning? If so, please share a tip!