Bathroom Buddies Giveaway (Can) #PGMom
Disclosure: I am a P&Gmom/mamanP&G. As part of my affiliation with this group I receive products and special access to P&G events and opportunities. The opinions on this blog are my own.
I thought my oldest daughter, Olivia, would never be potty-trained. She was 3½ years old and really had no interest in using the potty. My mom said to try and relax and she would start using it when she was ready and that she wouldn’t be going off to college without being potty-trained! In the end, my mom was right. We let Olivia lead the way and within a couple months of me having that conversation with my mom, Olivia was no longer in diapers. As it turned out, she had no interest in using the little potty and wanted to use the regular toilet. It was like day and night. One day she was in her training diapers and the next day regular underwear.
One thing I always stressed with both my girls is the importance of good hygiene habits. I taught them to wash their hands after using the bathroom and the importance of brushing their teeth.
P&G and Walmart want to help parents make this important learning experience fun for your little ones! Bathroom Buddies includes products from Pampers, Charmin and Bounty that are specifically designed for your child to keep the process fun and easy for both parents and child alike.
Today’s Parent and P&G have created a Bathroom Buddies chart to celebrate your child’s successes and keep them interested in learning new habits. You can post it on your bathroom wall and use a dry-erase marker to chart their progress.
They’ve also got some tips to help you with the whole experience:
1. Get kids in the habit of good brushing – let them brush on their own first, then review to make sure no areas are missed! Find the right toothbrush for your little ones’ brushing stage. Oral-B Stages are made for their stage and make brushing fun with their favourite Bathroom Buddies characters by their side. For kids three and up, try Oral-B Pro-Health Stages Disney My Friends Tigger and Pooh Power Toothbrush or Oral-B Pro-Health Stages Disney Pixar Monsters Inc. Power Toothbrush.
2. Make sure your little ones know that an essential part of the bathroom routine is cleaning up when you’re done. Teaching them the right way to wipe is especially important for girls. For their precious skin, find a soft bath tissue, like Charmin Ultra Soft, and teach them how much to use.
3. Setting a routine for potty training is an important step for success. Visit the bathroom together after all meals and liquids, and before and after sleeps and going out. When your little one is ready, they can start the potty training journey with friends Dora and Diego on their Pampers Easy Ups, designed for all day training.
If you have an iPhone or iPad, you can download the free app developed by Charmin, Pampers, Oral-B and Today’s Parent called Today’s Parent Milestone App. It helps parents and caregivers track their little one’s progress on their mobile device. It also has an interactive “bathroom buddy” that helps children learn their bathroom routines through fun games on potty training and brushing their teeth.
One Canadian reader is going to win a P&G Bathroom Buddies prize pack valued at $87! It includes:
- Pampers Easy Ups Boys 2T-3T
- Pampers Easy Ups Girls 2T-3T
- Pampers Sensitive Wipes
- Charmin Ultra Soft
- Today’s Parent with the Bathroom Buddies charts
- Oral-B Pro-Health Stages Disney My Friends Tigger and Pooh Power Toothbrush
- Oral-B Pro-Health Stages Disney Pixar Monsters Inc. Power Toothbrush
By entering the following contest you are accepting that if you win your contact information will be shared with a P&G PR and shipping agency for the purpose of mailing your prize. Please allow 4-6 weeks from the contest closure date to receive your prize.
This giveaway may appear on other blogs as part of the #PGmom/#mamanPG program. However, to be fair, you can only win once per giveaway. If your name is chosen more than once, another winner will be selected. All winners must be from within Canada.