Recommended Books to Read in 2014
My mom always tells the story about how I taught myself to read when I was three years old. I remember her reading me books over and over till I knew them off by heart. She’d try and skip a few pages to get to hurry things along, but said I would always notice and demand she go back and read the skipped pages! My love for reading hasn’t waned and I’m still devouring books 30+ years later!
I decided to make a list of some of my all-time favourite books from recent years as well as finding out what books my friends recommend. I’m always looking for new books and have added a few to my TBR (To Be Read) pile.
Here are some of my picks of recommended books to read in 2014:
- Gone Girl by Gillian Flynn
- Wildflower Hill by Kimberley Freeman
- The Map of Time by Felix J. Palma
- Delirium by Lauren Oliver
- Nineteen Minutes by Jodi Picoult
- The Hunger Games by Suzanne Collins
- Reconstructing Amelia by Kimberly McCreight
- Divergent by Veronica Roth
- Outlander by Diana Gabaldon
- Memoirs of a Geisha by Arthur Golden
- The Midwife’s Confession by Diane Chamberlain
My Facebook friends recommend these books. I’ve read a few of them and have added some to my list to read!
- The Bronze Horseman by Paullina Simons
- Battlefield of the Mind by Joyce Meyer
- Pride and Prejudice by Jane Austen
- She’s Come Undone by Wally Lamb
- The Shack by William Paul Young
- Cold Mountain by Charles Frazier
- Anne of Green Gables by L.M. Montgomery
- Come Back to Me by Melissa Foster
- The Dark Tower series by Stephen King
- The Great Gatsby by F. Scott Fitzgerald
- Lord of the Rings series by JRR Tolkein
- Outliers by Malcolm Gladwell
- The Ocean at the End of the Lane by Neil Gaiman
You might also like books like Gone Girl.
What books do you recommend? Have you read any of the books on this list?