Recommended Books to Read in 2014
My mom always tells the story about how I taught myself to read when I was three years old. I remember her reading me books over and over till I knew them off by heart. She’d try and skip a few pages to get to hurry things along, but said I would always notice and demand she go back and read the skipped pages! My love for reading hasn’t waned and I’m still devouring books 30+ years later!
I decided to make a list of some of my all-time favourite books from recent years as well as finding out what books my friends recommend. I’m always looking for new books and have added a few to my TBR (To Be Read) pile.
Here are some of my picks of recommended books to read in 2014:
This post contains affiliate links.
- Gone Girl by Gillian Flynn
- Wildflower Hill by Kimberley Freeman
- The Map of Time by Felix J. Palma
- Delirium by Lauren Oliver
- Nineteen Minutes by Jodi Picoult
- The Hunger Games by Suzanne Collins
- Reconstructing Amelia by Kimberly McCreight
- Divergent by Veronica Roth
- Outlander by Diana Gabaldon
- Memoirs of a Geisha by Arthur Golden
- The Midwife’s Confession by Diane Chamberlain
My Facebook friends recommend these books. I’ve read a few of them and have added some to my list to read!
- The Bronze Horseman by Paullina Simons
- Battlefield of the Mind by Joyce Meyer
- Pride and Prejudice by Jane Austen
- She’s Come Undone by Wally Lamb
- The Shack by William Paul Young
- Cold Mountain by Charles Frazier
- Anne of Green Gables by L.M. Montgomery
- Come Back to Me by Melissa Foster
- The Dark Tower series by Stephen King
- The Great Gatsby by F. Scott Fitzgerald
- Lord of the Rings series by JRR Tolkein
- Outliers by Malcolm Gladwell
- The Ocean at the End of the Lane by Neil Gaiman
What books do you recommend? Have you read any of the books on this list?