Gwen Stefani by OPI Review
Disclosure: I was not compensated for this post. I received a sample for review purposes. Opinions expressed are my own.
It was way back in 1995 when I was first introduced to Gwen Stefani and her band, No Doubt. I remember buying the CD, Tragic Kingdom, and listening to it over and over on my little stereo in my bedroom. My favourite song from the album was “Don’t Speak”. The video was often played on MuchMusic and I was taken in by the quirky lead singer with her funky style, Gwen Stefani. Over the years, I followed Gwen’s career as she branched out on her own and started her own fashion line. Gwen has always been someone I admired and when I heard she had inspired a new OPI collection, I knew I had to have it!
The new Gwen Stefani by OPI was launched this month and feature seven gorgeous nail lacquers inspired by the fabulous music and fashion icon herself. There isn’t a colour in the collection that I don’t like. From hot red to sparkly silver, these shades are fun and glamourous just like Gwen.
The shades included in the collection are:
- Over & Over A-Gwen: A bold red lacquer with a creme gloss finish that pays homage to Gwen’s signature red lipstick.
- Love.Angel.Music.Baby: A light gold lacquer with a little bit of sparkle. It features the new, semi-matte satin finish. No top coat required!
- 4 in the Morning: Black lacquer featuring the new semi-matte satin finish.
- Push and Shove: A bold Chrome lacquer that can be worn without a top coat, but requires a special complimentary base coat called Lay Down that Base.
- Hey Baby: Vibrant hot pink lacquer with a creme gloss finish.
- I Sing in Color: A dark burgundy/brown shade with a creme gloss finish.
- In True Stefani Fashion: A sparkly silver lacquer with a glittery finish.
At first, I thought Love.Angel.Music.Baby would be my favourite. I was drawn to the pretty gold with it’s hint of sparkle. However, it’s actually my second favourite in the collection. My first choice is Hey Baby. It’s a hot pink with a creamy glossy finish. I love the smooth finish and the way my nails gleam in the light.
Push and Shove also looks like it would be one I’d like. It’s a bold chrome colour that requires a base coat, but no top coat. It gives off a mirrored finish. It comes with a Lay Down that Base special complimentary base coat.
There’s also the Over & Over A-Gwen boxed set that comes with Gwen’s signature red lipstick coloured lacquer and Swarovski crystal accents and nail glue.
I want to try this look featured on the video below. It shows how to create a Red Studded design with Over & Over A-Gwen.
You can find Gwen Stefani by OPI in salon and spas across Canada. The individual nail lacquers have an SRP of $10.95 each while the Over & Over A-Gwen boxes set retails for $18.95.
Enter to win the Gwen Stefani by OPI collection on my blog right now. It’s open to Canada only. Good luck!