Disclosure: I was not financially compensated for this post. I received a sample of the product for review purposes. The opinions are my own, based on my personal experience with the product.
For the past month, I’ve been using an online proofreader called Grammarly to help catch those pesky grammar mistakes. I always proofread all my posts before publishing them, but I know I still miss things. In fact, after trying Grammarly, I realized I miss a lot! I was amazed at how much their software picked up. I often thought to myself, “how could I miss that?!”. I think once you get too close to something and have read it over too many times, you can’t easily see the mistakes. It’s only when they are pointed out to you that you are able to notice them.
Using Grammarly is very easy. After you’ve signed up for one of their plans, you’ll be given full access to their software. Grammarly will examine your post for 150 points of grammar, plagiarism, word choice and more. It takes about 30 seconds and then you’ll be given a report pointing out all the mistakes and what you need to fix. If you accept guest posts on your site, the plagiarism tool is very handy to have. You can quickly check if the post has already been published anywhere else on the web.
Grammarly is a wonderful tool for a wide variety of people including:
- Bloggers: Proofread posts and important emails
- Students: Proofread essays, reports, etc
- Job Applicants: Use for cover letters and resumes
- Authors & Writers
- Teachers: Check for plagiarism with a click of a mouse
- People learning English: Improve writing skills
Grammarly has many awesome features and some of my favourite include:
1. Finds errors spellcheck misses. These include things like contextual spelling and commonly confused words (ie. allowed and aloud).
2. Style and Word Choice Suggestions.
3. Ability to Set Type of Review. Choose between different types of paper including Academic, Business, Creative, Casual, Technical, etc.
4. Easy to read results. Errors are categorized and organized for your review. You can easily see what is wrong and how to fix it.
Grammarly has a 7 day free trial to try before you buy. If you like it, you can buy one of their plans. Their monthly plan is $29.95/month, quarterly plan is $59.95 per quarter or $139.95 per year.
Visit Grammarly to learn more about what they offer and to sign up for the free trial to see if it’s for you.