Disclosure: I am a P&Gmom/mamanP&G. As part of my affiliation with this group I receive products and special access to P&G events and opportunities. The opinions on this blog are my own.
Something else that’s been on my mind lately besides gifts is upcoming holiday parties and dinners. What the heck do I wear? How should I do my hair? It’s times like these that I wish my mom lived closer to me. She is amazing at doing my hair. I can never make it look the same way she does. When I’m home working, I usually just pull it back into a ponytail without giving it a second thought. When I want to jazz it up a little, I’ll pull out the flat iron and straighten my hair. The only thing I don’t like about using the straightener is that it can damage your hair!
I’ve been using Pantene Pro-V Heat Shield collection which is made for people who use flat irons, blow dryers and curling irons and helps to protect your hair from heat damage up to 450°. It includes shampoo, condition and heat potion serum. I feel better using my flat iron more often now that I’m using these products. With the holidays coming up there’s going to be a few times that I’ll need a fancy ‘do!
Maybe I’ll give this perfect ponytail tutorial a try from Zooey Deschanel’s hair stylist Shelley Brien:
1. To create a sleek ponytail with lots of bounce and shine, before you blow dry apply Pantene Pro-V Heat Shield Heat Potion Serum to damp hair, followed by a couple pumps of Pantene Pro-V Everlasting Ends Split Fix Crème on your ends.
2. Once hair is dry, set it with a large curling iron. Curl the hair in wide sections, pinning it back as you go to allow it to cool.
3. After the hair has been set, remove the pins and smooth it out with a soft bristle brush. Back comb the hair at the crown to add extra volume.
4. Once volume is achieved, brush your hair back and up into a high ponytail using gentle sweeps with the brush so you don’t lose any height from the top.
5. Use a regular hair tie to wrap around the ponytail.
6. To perfect the look, finish it by adding more Pantene Pro-V Everlasting Ends
After the hair comes the make-up! I’m always willing to experiment with different kinds of makeup and try out other colours. My favourite, though, is black eyeliner and mascara and a smoky eye. Sometimes I’ll venture for a dark colour on the lips too. I guess it depends on the occasion.
I’m prepped for makeup for holiday parties with some new products from COVERGIRL. They’ve got their Ink It! by Perfect Point Plus Eyeliner in bold shades that goes on smooth and even. The new Flamed Out mascara has a uniquely designed brush that adds volume and a winged-out look for a dramatic statement. I love the Flamed Out shadow pencils that are a gel shadow and eyeliner in one and the Flamed Out Shadow Pots have a little bit of sparkle to really make your eyes stand out. I usually have to be a little more dramatic with my eye makeup anyways since I wear glasses that make my eyes appear smaller than they are. Then to finish off the look use Smoochies Lip Balm. They have some very pretty colours. My favourites are the soft pinks!
What’s your signature look for hair and makeup?
One Canadian reader is going to win a fabulous prize pack from COVERGIRL and Pantene (ARV $80) to get you holiday party ready! It includes:
- Pantene Pro-V Heat Shield Potion Serum
- Pantene Pro-V Heat Shield Shampoo
- Pantene Pro-V Heat Shield Conditioner
- COVERGIRL Melted Caramel pots
- COVERGIRL Scorching Cocoa pots
- COVERGIRL Crystal Flame pencil
- COVERGIRL Melted Caramel pencil
- COVERGIRL Flamed out mascara black
- COVERGIRL Ink It black
- COVERGIRL Smoochies
By entering the following contest you are accepting that if you win your contact information will be shared with a P&G PR and shipping agency for the purpose of mailing your prize. Please allow 4-6 weeks from the contest closure date to receive your prize. This giveaway may appear on other blogs as part of the #PGmom/#mamanPG program. However, to be fair, you can only win once per giveaway. If your name is chosen more than once, another winner will be selected. All winners must be from within Canada.