Disclosure: I was not financially compensated for this post. I received a sample of the product for review purposes. The opinions are my own, based on my personal experience with the product.
I love the new trend of healthy home delivery options. I’ve seen quite a few meal and snack services offering healthy foods and treats. Recently I jumped on board and ordered from two healthy snack services when they were running promotions. Unfortunately, after I received the first box from each, I cancelled my subscriptions. One service sent nothing but sample size items that really didn’t give me or my family a chance to enjoy the product. The other service sent larger servings of items that really didn’t fit my tastes. I was frustrated because what I really wanted was sort of a mix of the two. Luckily I found a company that offers the perfect mix for my family – healthy snacks and foods that are hand-picked by a nutritionist and in sizes that really allow me, my husband, and my kids to get a good feeling for each product. That company is Bestowed.
I received a box from Bestowed for review. It arrived in a pretty orange box, with very minimal inner packaging (something I like, since I want to be nice to the Earth too!). Inside the box was a great selection of some single serving treats, as well as full size products and coupons. What I like about Bestowed is that they include a booklet that explained exactly what was in the box – something the other services lacked. Not only did the booklet describe the products that were included in the box, but it also gave tips on what to pair with the treats, and how to enjoy each products full potential. It also gave resources on where to buy the products, so if you like something you don’t have to wonder where you can find it again.
Each product that Bestowed includes in their monthly boxes is hand-picked by nationally recognized nutrition expert Heather Bauer. She is the author of two top selling books and has regular columns on The Huffington Post and US News & World Report where she covers the latest trends in diet, health and nutrition. I felt good knowing that an expert was behind the choices for each box – someone who really cares about diet and nutrition.
The products I received in my box were:
* Miracle Noodles Angel Hair Noodles – I have never heard of these before, but I was so intrigued just based on the packaging! They’re zero calories, gluten free, soy free and vegan and they don’t even have to be cooked to enjoy! They are made to absorb any dressing you may want to put on them, and made for a fantastic side at dinner for my husband and I.
* Cascadian Farm Crunchy Oats & Honey Granola Bar – I’ve had Cascadian Farm products before and was glad to have the opportunity to try these bars. Definitely a great quick breakfast option or mid-morning snack. Organic and containing only 7 ingredients, it’s a healthy way to start the day.
* Living Healthy World Flax N’ Chia Stix – my husband and I always try to incorporate flax seeds into our diet, and these are a great way to get the benefits of flax and chia seeds in a portable packet. These are great for adding into a smoothie or sprinkling on some yogurt or cottage cheese.
* Lundberg Family Farms Santa Fe Barbeque Rice Chips – my husband and I both enjoyed these as a post-lunch snack one afternoon. So flavorful, and quite filling. A great treat.
* Might Leaf Sunburst Green Iced Tea Pouch – I liked that this was a pouch for a pitcher of tea, not just a single serving. Gave us the chance to enjoy it as a family. It has a great light flavor, and is free of any artificial colorings or flavors.
* Nakano Seasoned Rice Vinegar – this full sized sample is fat-free, gluten-free, and contains only 20 calories per serving. Great for splashing on a salad.
* Noosa Yoghurt coupon – I love that this box included a coupon to try something different and fresh that isn’t an option to ship. This coupon gave me the chance to pick up a yogurt that I don’t know that I would have tried before, because I really didn’t know anything about it. I’m so glad to add a new dairy treat to my shopping list!
* SeaSnax Grab n’Go Roasted Seaweed Snacks – these are spicy and addicting, and my husband enjoyed this packet of snacks at his desk at work. Tasty and low calorie, these are packed with a ton of nutrients that make for guilt-free snacking.
* Reboot – this was the first time I had seen this product, and I have to say, it’s pretty neat. This is a great product to throw in your gym bag for a post-workout recovery. All you need to do is squeeze the pouch and shake it to enjoy it right from the package!
I have to say, I was pleased with every product that was in this box. It really fit my lifestyle and is exactly what I wanted in a subscription box. Another great feature – the price! Bestowed boxes are only $19 a month (that includes shipping!) and can be ordered on a monthly or annual basis. To learn more about Bestowed, visit their website.