Reader Reviews of Banana Boat Natural Reflect Kids Sunscreen Lotion + Winner Announcement
I received a sample of the product for review purposes & a gift card as compensation.
In May, 25 readers participated in a sampling opportunity where each received Banana Boat® Natural Reflect™ Kids sunscreen lotion to try out. The readers who shared their thoughts about the product would be entered to win a $50 Visa Gift Card. It’s time to share those reviews and announce the winner! Out of 25 people, 12 sent in their reviews which is pretty good odds I think!
Check out what my readers thought about the sunscreen….
1. Ivy P: First I have to thank you for giving me this opportunity to try this awesome sunscreen. I have never tried it before, and have to say I really like it! I have been trying to find a sunscreen lotion for my kids that I actually like and I think I have found it!
I like the fact that its tear free and sting free, and has no harsh chemicals. I like knowing what I am putting onto my kids skin, and would recommend this product to any mother with younger kids. I also love the fact that this bottle that I tried was SPF 50!
Out of 5 stars I would give this a 4 and a half! I will definitely be buying this product again when I run out of this bottle!
2. Erica K: During the Spring and Summer months our family spends A LOT of time outdoors. This means we need a lot of sunscreen. We are also a family that would prefer an all natural product. I hate not knowing what is going on my children’s skin. This year is especially important to us to use all natural sunscreen as I am pregnant, I want to make sure I’m protecting my child that is inside me too.
We have always LOVED using Banana Boat and this all natural formula did not disappoint. Banana Boat Natural Reflect Sunscreen Lotion goes on nice and smoothly onto our skin. It left no greasy mess, not even on my hands after rubbing the lotion in. It has a gentle smell, it’s a very faint smell and smells like other Banana Boat products.
I was impressed with the quality of this sunscreen. My oldest goes to school all day, so we can only apply it before school. When she has come home you can tell the sunscreen was still working. The product should be re-applied every 2 hours (so please follow this on a regular basis), but it’s nice to know it will still help even longer. On weekends my kids play outside a lot and run around a lot. The sunscreen on their face does not run in and burn their eyes.
I would recommend this product to my family and friends. A tube will go a long ways, it’s safe for your family, gentle and works extremely well. Thank you Banana Boat and Simply Stacie.
3. Suzanne J/Jeff C: Saturday was a great day to have the grandkids over for a visit and a dip in the pool. Preparations was the following: swim suits ,towels, life jackets ,water toys and an application of the Banana Boat Natural Reflect Sunscreen. I found the Banana Boat Natural Reflect Sunscreen. was very easy and fast to apply and to absorb into their skin.No fuss or mess,got to love that.There was no skin irritations from wiping the water from their eyes.Every 80 minutes I reapplied the lotion and I was very happy with the results(no sunburn,no skin irritations). Out of a 5 star rating I would give it 5 out of 5.
4. Craig P: I tried the suncreen lotion on my two year old today and really loved that it had no smell to it. I found the lotion went on a little thick and was hard to apply at first, but it absorbed quite fast. I would definitely purchase this product.
5. Sheila H: I used the sunscreen on my 4 kids aged 10-16. We used it for just being out in the yard on the trampoline and swingset, rugby provincials & baseball/soccer practices. Initially we found it was a bit thick to apply but once we got used to the texture we found it rubbed in well. Coverage during sporting events seemed to required more frequent applications to ensure protection – maybe sweating in the 30 degree+ weather washed it off. Using it for regular outdoor time worked really well for all of my fair-haired kids. Thanks for the trial we will definitely look to buy it for the summer.
6. Kaila B: We have been having terrible weather here in Calgary so it took almost 2 weeks before I was able to finally justify breaking out the sunscreen and slathering my kids up for a day at the zoo. All in all, I REALLY liked this sunscreen. I have always wanted to make the switch to a “natural” sunscreen but found that they could only be purchased at specialty stores and were very expensive..until now!
Both my children have sensitive skin so I have to be very careful as to what I put on them. This sunscreen did not cause any irritation . It also did not sting my daughter’s eyes when she was sweaty and it dripped a little into her eye area. Best of all it did its job, no burn during the 8 hours we were there with one reapplication after lunch.
My ONLY complaint is that I wish it came in a spray on instead of a lotion. That is just simply my family’s preferred type. I dislike getting my hands full of sunscreen after rubbing my kids down. they are always so excited to get on with the day they really do not like taking the time for Mommy to put on sunscreen. I would keep the lotion handy however, for their faces.
7. Janelle S: I tried the sunscreen yesterday on my three year old. I found that the product was WAY too thick. My child is very squirmy and always running around so I need a product that will absorb as fast as possible. I had to rub in the product for longer that I would have liked. I do however, like that it is more natural than other products on the market and that it was scent free.
8. Tina D: I am so happy I made the first 25 people. This is by far the best sunscreen I have tried on my children. They are fair and burn very easily. It is so smooth and silky and leaves the skin soft. My parents have always used Banana Boat on us and it still continues through out the generations. I love this product and would not use any other. Thanks so much Stacie for the opportunity to try out this wonderful product. We will continue to buy Banana Boat.
9. Brandi G: It was great! it’s really thick and goes on smooth. It was nice how it didn’t make my skin feel clammy or greasy and it worked great! Was out in the sun for a few hours and did not burn at all! Would definitely recommend it to a friend.
10. Trisha T: I must say that I am not an avid sunscreen wearer myself, but I sure do slather up the kids so this product was great for us to try.
I was first prompted to use this product after my husband had put too much sunscreen lotion on the kids and after a few minutes in the splash pad, my daughter was complaining of her eyes burning. This product went into my park bag right upon getting home. I love that I can put it on my kids and it won’t cause them to get irritated eyes or skin.
The other great advantage is that it is a Broad Spectrum sunscreen meaning that my kidlets are protected from both UVA & UVB rays. We like that the cream goes on thick so we can see that we’ve covered everywhere, but that it rubs in without the greasy feel. I would’ve liked to have had some kind of scent to it as the current smell is lacking. I just love the smell of the coconut creams in the summer time.
As a mother with a 5 yr. old and a 3.5 yr. old I feel confident in using this product and I feel that it protected them well. We just loved it!
Let me just say thanks again for giving me the opportunity to sample the Banana Boat product!
11. Melissa G: It works great, but its almost too thick…other then that, I didn’t get a sunburn, so its a success!
12. Christie J: Loved that it was derived from natural ingredients and is free of parabens, PABA and oxybenzone.
Consistency was perfect for easy application – my 6 year old was able to apply it evenly by herself (vs. other naturally sourced sunscreens that are most paste-like and take forever to rub in). And no irritation on our children’s sensitive skin.
Thankful that there is now a naturally-sourced sunscreen available that is water resistant and provides UVA/UVB coverage, at a reasonable price.
Thanks for the sampling opportunity! We look forward to purchasing the product once our sample bottle runs out.
The lucky winner of the $50 Visa Gift Card is….
#3 Suzanne J/Jeff C
Thank you to everyone for taking the time to try the product and send me your reviews. Stay tuned for more sampling opportunities!