My Spring Cleaning Checklist + Gain Spring Cleaning Kit Giveaway (Can)
I’m happy that Spring is finally here! After such a long winter and dealing with all the snow, it’s so nice to not have to worry about shoveling the driveway or road conditions. Plus, it’s time for my annual Spring cleaning! Yes, I enjoy cleaning. When I’m stressed, it helps me relax and keep my mind busy. I also find it soothing to have my home neat, organized and of course, clean!
This year we’ve got a lot going on around the house. Not only are we spring cleaning, but are also renovating our kitchen, upstairs bathroom and bedroom. It’s tough because it’s like an uphill battle keeping the house clean with so many renos going on. Still though, I do manage.
Here’s five jobs I can cross off my Spring cleaning checklist:
1. Get rid of clutter. The first thing I did was clear the clutter. Anything we don’t use or want we are getting rid of. We got a new couch over the holidays so the old one is going to the side of the road for Spring pick-up at the end of April. I also purchased a new dryer and we replaced our bathtub. Both are out in the driveway waiting for Spring pick-up. I can’t wait to get rid of them because they are such an eye sore!
2. Clean out the closets and drawers. I went through our closets and drawers and donated any clothes that don’t fit or that we never wear to charity. I’m also adding in my Spring clothes so that I can wear them again now that the weather is nicer. A couple sprays of Febreze Fabric Refresher gets them smelling fresh again.
3. Clear the cobwebs & dust: Our house is old and it seems to get more cobwebs faster than any other house I’ve lived in. I hate it! They are always in such hard to reach spots. I’ve found a product that is perfect for me to get rid of the cobwebs and keep my surfaces free of dust: the Swiffer Duster. It’s much easier for me to access the high up/tight spots. No more using the broom! Surprisingly, John likes to do the dusting with the Swiffer Duster. If a product can get him cleaning, then I’m all for it! It also works great on mini-blinds.
4. Clean the walls. I should rephrase…cleaning marks off the walls. This includes kid’s handprints, scuff marks and other spots that don’t belong. I go around the house with a Mr. Clean Magic Eraser and remove any marks I find. I’ve been using this product for years and it works like a charm.
5. Clean/Organize the Kitchen. I cleaned and organized the kitchen cupboards. I put all cans with cans, spices together and threw away any food that had expired. I had an argument with John about the canned food. He said it didn’t expire and I said that yes it did because there’s usually a date on the top of all your food. He insisted I was wrong and ate a can of expired cream of corn. Let’s just say he got sick and now he believes me that “canned food really does expire”. I did the same with the fridge and cleaned my oven.
I think that’s a pretty good start! I’m getting there. What Spring cleaning have you done so far?
One Canadian reader is going to win a Gain Spring Cleaning Kit with all the tools you need to tackle your cleaning projects! It includes:
- Mr. Clean Magic Eraser Select-A-Size
- Mr. Clean with Gain Spray
- Swiffer Dust & Shine with Gain
- Swiffer Sweeper with Gain Dry Refills
- Swiffer Sweeper with Gain Wet Refills
- Swiffer Sweeper Kit
- Swiffer WetJet with Gain Solution
- Swiffer WetJet Kit
- Swiffer Duster Refill
- Swiffer Duster Kit
- Gain Fireworks Original Scent Booster
By entering the following contest you are accepting that if you win your contact information will be shared with a P&G PR and shipping agency for the purpose of mailing your prize. Please allow 4-6 weeks from the contest closure date to receive your prize. This giveaway may appear on other blogs as part of the #PGmom program. However, to be fair, you can only win once per giveaway. If your name is chosen more than once, another winner will be selected.