How to Download Your Email Subscribers from Feedburner
Most bloggers including me today woke up to their Feedburner chicklet showing a big fat 0. Upon further investigation, I discovered that my 10, 503 subscribers had vanished in my Feedburner dashboard! I know that Feedburner has no support and that they are closing down their API in October. It’s glitchy for sure and if you have an issue with it, there’s no one to contact for support.
I’ve been using Mad Mimi for months now for my weekly newsletter and really like their service. They have an incredible support team who answers questions within minutes and their prices are the best I’ve seen.
I’m thinking of switching now to their RSS to Email service for my daily newsletter. It’s $5/month (first month is free). However, you will have to pay for the amount of subscribers you are importing.
Here’s what Mad Mimi’s plans look like:
- 500 subscribers: $8/month
- 1000 subscribers: $10/month
- 2500 subscribers: $14/month
- 5000 subscribers: $24/month
- 10000 subscribers: $36/month
- 15000 subscribers: $49/month
- 25000 subscribers: $75/month
- 35,000 subscribers: $119/month
I currently pay $75 a month for my weekly newsletter so if I import 10,000 new contacts into my account that will bump me up to the $119/month plan + $5 RSS to Email option. That’s a lot of money but really what choice do I have?
The first thing I did this morning was download all my email subscribers from Feedburner. I don’t trust that site at all and I don’t want to lose them. I recommend you doing that too just in case.
1. Login to Feedburner and click on your feed.
2. Click on Show Stats for drop down list and then go back a few days. I had to go back to September 17th to show my subscribers.
3. Then click See More About Your Subscribers.
4. Scroll down to Feedburner Email Subscriptions and click that. Then click Manage Your Email Subscriber List.
Then click Export: CSV and that will download them a spreadsheet that you can upload into Mad Mimi.
I’m doing the switcheroo today to Mad Mimi so I’ll update you on how that goes. Wish me luck!