My dad is a HUGE hockey fanatic and I always remember him taking me to the rink to watch our local team play. My dad also played hockey and still does! He’s on the Old Timers league now and was always very passionate about the sport. During the Stanley Cup playoffs, we would always have a house full of people surrounding the TV in the basement. Of course, there was drinks and lots of good food.
John, my fiance, also enjoys a good game of hockey and he confiscates the TV remote when his team is playing. Often times, he will have friends over from work and sometimes without giving me even a moment’s notice! When I do have time to prepare though, I can make sure that we have a good spread of food and drinks available to our guests.
One surefire hit is Sirloin Cheeseburgers with Bacon & Horseradish Mayo. They never last long and usually the guys always want seconds!
This weekend I made them with King’s Hawaiian Hamburger Buns. They were soft and had just a tiny bit of sweetness to them making them the perfect complement to the spicy bite of the horseradish mayo. Let’s just say that this entire package was all gone at the end of our dinner!
This recipe is perfect for all you folks that love tailgating! Check King’s Hawaiian for a store near you to find these delicious hamburger buns.
Sirloin Cheeseburgers with Bacon & Horseradish Mayo
- 1 King’s Hawaiian Original Hawaiian Sweet Hamburger Buns
- 6 Sirloin hamburgers (or use your favourite burger recipe)
- 6 slices of Swiss cheese
- 6 slices of bacon, cooked
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 2 tbsp. sour cream
- 2 tbsp. prepared horseradish
- salt & pepper to taste
1. Mix together the mayonnaise, sour cream, horseradish and salt & pepper and set aside in the refrigerator.
2. Grill the hamburgers until they are cooked. I use the George Foreman grill for mine and it takes about 8 minutes for them to cook.
3. Open your hamburger buns and spread the horseradish mayo on the bottom bun. Add a slice of bacon, broken up into two pieces, on each bun. Add a slice of Swiss cheese and then the hamburger patty. I also like to add a little bit horseradish mayo on top of the burger.
Makes 6 burgers.
KING’S HAWAIIAN has an all-star line-up of sandwich products which includes: Mini Sub Rolls, Sandwich Buns, and Hamburger Buns and Hotdog buns.
Whether you are at your kid’s game or the stadium, KING’S HAWAIIAN is a great choice for a family tailgate.
What is your family’s favorite part of game day? Comment below and be entered for a chance to win $200 to put towards your next game day event.
This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of Kings Hawaiian. The opinions and text are all mine. Official Sweepstakes Rules.