The Great Canadian Blog Bash 2012 | Win $50 Chapter.ca Gift Card (Can)
Welcome to The Great Canadian Blog Bash 2012 hosted by Whispered Inspirations, Kat’s Confessions, Mom vs. the Boys, Good Girl Gone Green and Positively Pampered Patty! This fun event runs from June 25 to July 1st and showcases all the fabulous Canadian blogs in the blogosphere. There will be giveaways as well open to Canadians only (including the one I’m hosting here!).
Many of blogging buddies are Americans so I thought it would be fun to ask them the first that comes to mind when they think about Canada. The responses were quite interesting!
- Maple syrup, Mounties & “eh” ~ Parent Palace
- Extra shipping! Everytime I see an online sale, it always costs extra to ship to Canada ~ Domestic Executive Online
- Affordable healthcare! ~ Freckleberry Finds
- Expo 67 ~ The Kids Are Grown, Now What?
- Niagara Falls. I went to the Canadian side when I was in highschool with the band and it was spectacular! ~ Turning the Clock Back
- Arctic fox & hockey ~ Generations of Savings
- Bagged milk! (Although why they have this, I don’t quite understand.) Poutine! Taco Bell that has fries and chili cheese burritos, Swiss Chalet,and of course, Tim Horton’s! And some of the nicest people you’d ever want to meet, eh! (I have been to Canada many, many times.) ~ Newly Crunchy Mama of 3
- Anne of Green Gables ~ Crunchy Frugalista
- Beautiful scenery, French, water, mountains ~ April’s Cooking & Lifestyle Show
- Cold, cold, cold…lots of ice and wide open spaces where freezing winds whip snow into huge drifts. And everyone wears those red flannel lumberjack-ish shirts. Quite the stereotype, no? ~ Keenly Kristin
- My college was about 1 hour from the Canadian border so for me it was crossing the border where the drinking age was lower! (that is so bad) Also I saw my first musical in Toronto, Phantom of the Opera, and it introduced me to my love of theater. So I have MANY good Canadian memories! ~ Put A Little Umbrella in Your Drink
- Hockey and Mike Holmes ~ This Mama Loves Her Bargains
- For me it is Christmas shopping at the malls in Quebec and the Granby zoo where we took my daughter when she was tiny ~ Confessions of an Overworked Mom
- Extremely strict gun laws. On our honeymoon in Canada, my husband stopped to talk to a Canadian cop about gun laws for over an hour ~ Someday I’ll Learn
- Hockey, donuts, and beer! Not necessarily in that order ~ Crazy About My Baybah
- When I first heard about Canada, I thought of only maple syrup and hockey. After visiting there a couple of times on business, I learned it was very COLD in the winter, but one of the benefits – ice wine. If you have never tried ice wine, it is amazing. The best dessert wine ever (especially if you prefer sweet.) And of course, whenever someone says canada, I always add an ‘eh’ afterwards. Like “Canada, eh?” ~ The WiC Project
- I think of Vancouver, Hockey, Kokanee Beer, great family trips, and Canadian Mounties
- Loonies, toonies, poutine and eh ~ Sassy Mama in LA
- I think of comedians. So many great ones are Canadian! ~ Tales from the Nursery
- I think of the Canadian leaf, healthcare and that my eye doctor recommended I go there for eye surgery because it’s like a third of the cost. I have never been there but it’s seems so close that I forget a passport is required ~Mom with a dot com
I’ve also have a few posts about Canada that you might enjoy including Winter in Canada, Canadian Fall Landscapes, Canadian Sweets, Canadian Favourite Foods and Rockin’ in the 80s Canadian Style. We also like to drive out to the coast- see my pics of Halls Harbour, NS, Margaretsville, NS and Port George, NS.
Where I’m From
I grew up in Pembroke, Ontario in the heart of the Ottawa Valley. I married a military man and we moved every few years. I lived in New Brunswick (Oromocto), Alberta (Edmonton) and I’m currently in Nova Scotia (Middleton)!
I also have a giveaway with a huge Ultimate Baby Shower Wish List prize package open to Canada only! The prize includes Pack ‘N Play® Premiere Playard with Cuddle Cove™ Rocking Seat by Graco, Disney Winnie The Pooh Bouncy Activity Jumper, Summer Infant Nemo’s Fun Tub, Disney Nemo 6 Pack Washcloth Set and Disney Lion King 4Pc Bedding Set!
One Canadian reader is going to win a $50 Chapters.ca Gift Card!