It is no secret that my husband and I are passionate about good coffee. In fact, we enjoy waking up together and sitting on the porch drinking a cup of coffee (or two) in the morning before the children get up….it is the perfect indulgence and a great way to enjoy time along together!
Eight O’Clock® Coffee is one of our favorite coffees because it is always fresh, delicious and affordably priced. There are many different grinds to choose from including original, my favorite the “Dark Italian Roast”, Mocha, Bokar, Decaf Original, French Vanilla, Hazelnut and more.
With summer approaching, things heat up very quickly in Florida. One fun and tasty option is to enjoy Eight O’Clock® Coffee as a refreshing iced coffee. I don’t normally drink iced coffee especially because it is usually so high priced and full of tons of sugar at those fancy coffee shops. Eight O’Clock Coffee has come up with lots of fun tips and ideas to brew your own iced coffee at home and I was eager to give it a shot. My husband and I were pleasantly surprised at how easy it was to make our Eight O’Clock iced coffee and it tasted delicious!
Do you want to give it a try? Here are some fun tips and insider secrets from Eight O’Clock® Coffee-
- For a quick fix you can “brew your coffee in the morning and stick it in the freezer. In a half hour, when you are finished getting ready for your day, you’ll have an iced coffee ready and waiting for you.”
- Make use of that leftover coffee by putting it in a container and store it in the fridge so you’ll have iced coffee ready to go at any time.
- Make coffee ice cubes to use in your iced coffee and you won’t have to worry about your coffee being watered down.
- If you are pouring your coffee over regular ice cubes, brew your coffee about 25 percent stronger so that when the ice melts, your coffee will still be strong.
- Become a “brewista” and create frozen drinks like the “Eight O’Clock Mocha Freeze”.
I tried several of these great tips and our favorite was making coffee ice cubes from our left over morning coffee. We keep it in a freezer container and it makes making iced coffee so easy and refreshing in the sweltering afternoon.
My husband loves the Eight O’Clock® Mocha Freeze and here is the recipe so you can make it at home:
Eight O’Clock Mocha Freeze
- 4 cups fresh brewed Eight O’Clock Coffee
- ½ cup whole milk
- 3 oz chocolate syrup
- whipped cream
*For a healthier alternative use low-fat milk, low-fat chocolate syrup and low-fat whipped cream.
Use (2) out of (4) cups of coffee to pour into an ice cube tray and freeze. Place remaining coffee in refrigerator. Once frozen, place Eight O’Clock Coffee ice cubes in blender. Pour remaining brewed coffee, milk and chocolate syrup over coffee-cubes and blend. To serve, pour and garnish with whipped cream and chocolate syrup.
Eight O’Clock coffee is available for purchase at many leading grocers and major retailers. You are invited to visit Eight O’Clock Coffee to learn more about this delicious coffee and to get brewing ideas.
Two readers will receive a prize pack from Eight O’Clock® Coffee that includes two bags of Eight O’Clock® Coffee and a Travel Mug!
Check out the list of all my current giveaways!
Disclosure: I was not financially compensated for this post. I received a sample of the product for review purposes. The opinions are completely my own based on my experience.