Arm & Hammer Cat Litter Solution
You may recall my post a couple weeks ago where I shared my dilemma on keeping my home smelling fresh with two indoor cats. I was challenged to switch cat litter brands and to see how Arm & Hammer Ultra Last Clumping Cat Litter would compare and if it would make a difference.
For the past couple weeks, I’ve been solely using Arm & Hammer Ultra Last Clumping Cat Litter in both cat’s litter boxes. I have to say that the difference it’s made in keeping my home smelling fresh has been remarkable. Each granule is coated in Arm & Hammer baking soda plus powerful odor destroyers. Princess & Misty’s litter boxes are in the basement and I normally can smell the litter as soon as I get to the bottom of the stairs. However, I’ve noticed that I don’t smell it all when I’m in the basement doing my laundry!
Even last weekend after we had come home from being away for a couple days, I didn’t even notice any kind of smell when I came in the door. I know from past trips, I can smell the cats when I come home after being away for a few days. Arm & Hammer Ultra Last Clumping Cat Litter has more than lived up to my expectations in providing powerful and long lasting odor control. It’s been like a night and day type of difference!
In addition to using Arm & Hammer Ultra Last Clumping Cat Litter, here’s a few other simple ways you can keep your home smelling fresh with indoor cats:
1. Keep the litter out of sight in the least trafficked area of your home. For us, it’s a corner in the basement. John even put up a partition to block off the area and so you don’t even really see it until you walk right up to it.
2. Set an alert on your phone to remind you to scoop the cat litter(or write it in your daytimer if you don’t have a cell phone). This is helpful for me because then I have a designated day that I have to clean it and I don’t forget to do it.
3. Avoid using litter boxes with hoods since they trap in odors. If your cat’s litter is out of the way, they will still have privacy.
4. Use a plastic liner inside the litter box. The litter box will last longer and the odor will not become part of the box itself.
5. Give each cat their own litter box. Since I have two cats, I have two litter boxes. I know the cats share, but this way it prevents the litter from getting full too quickly.
6. Keep the floors clean around the litter box. Cats can be messy and leave trails of litter outside their box. You don’t want them tracking the litter all around the house.
The maker of ARM & HAMMER® products challenged me to switch to ARM & HAMMER Ultra Last Clumping Cat Litter and this summer, they are giving away $12,000 in the ARM & HAMMER Switch & Save Challenge Sweepstakes. To be entered to win one (1) of twelve (12) $1,000 prizes, simply reply to the question below!
Remember to join other ARM & HAMMER Switch & Save conversations for even more chances to win!
This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of Arm & Hammer. The opinions and text are all mine. Official Sweepstakes Rules.