This recipe for Tofu Cream Risotto was submitted by Hidemi Walsh in the Appetizers/Side Dish Category in the zuuzs Grand Spring Recipe Challenge! VOTE for this entry here.
Promote your blog and showcase your recipe in zuuzs Grand Spring Recipe Challenge. The prizes include a $500 Gift Card as the Grand Prize and three $200 Gift Cards as the top Category prizes you can use to buy kitchen related wares. Submissions end on April 28th.
- 2 cups Uncooked Brown Long Grain Rice
- 10 oz Tofu
- 1/2 cup Soy Milk
- 4 oz Cheddar Cheese, block
- 1 Onion, minced
- 4 Garlic Cloves, minced
- 4 tablespoons Olive Oil
- 4 cups Chicken Stock
- 4 tablespoons White Wine
- Put tofu and soy milk into blender. Blend until creamy. Cut cheddar cheese into small cubes.
- In a large skillet, heat olive oil and cook garlic and onion until tender. Add brown rice and sauté for a couple of minutes. Then add white wine. When wine has almost evaporated, add 1 cup of chicken stock. Bring to boil. Reduce heat to medium-low and simmer until chicken stock is almost absorbed. Then add 1 cup of chicken stock. Repeat this one more time.
- Add tofu and soy milk mixture and cheddar cheese. Stir once or twice (not too much) and add last cup of chicken stock. Shake the skillet so that all ingredients are blended well (don’t stir) .
- When the rice is at the right consistency, remove the skillet from the heat. Add salt and pepper to taste.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 6 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 347Total Fat: 20gSaturated Fat: 6gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 13gCholesterol: 24mgSodium: 366mgCarbohydrates: 25gFiber: 1gSugar: 4gProtein: 15g