This recipe for Stir Fry with Spicy Ginger, Pineapple and Tomato Sauce was submitted by Stacy from Truly Original Organics in the Main Dish Category in the zuuzs Grand Spring Recipe Challenge! VOTE for this recipe here.
- Prep work- cut veggies, marinade protein, boil water for rice
- First- start sauce, start oil and seasons on wok, add rice to boiling water, start baking or bbq’ing protein
- Next step- add dense veg to wok, add thickener to sauce, check and rotate protein
- To Finish- Add less dense veggies with a “cover” over to “steam” for last part, Cover protein with sauce for last 5 mins of cooking, stir rice and sauce, taste!
Promote your blog and showcase your recipe in zuuzs Grand Spring Recipe Challenge. The prizes include a $500 Gift Card as the Grand Prize and three $200 Gift Cards as the top Category prizes you can use to buy kitchen related wares. Submissions end on April 28th.
- bok choy
- bell pepper
- 1/2 cup diced Pineapple
- 1 whole tomato
- 1/4 + tsp cayenne (to taste)
- 1/4 c. soy sauce
- 1/4 c. water
- 1/8 c. rice vinegar
- 1/4 tsp. thickening agent like arrowroot or cornstarch
- ground ginger to taste
- Tamari, rice vineger, pineapple juice, sesame oil and seeds, and cayenne pepper.
- Chicken or tempeh
- Coat large frying pan or wok with sesame oil at medium high temp.
- Add minced garlic and ginger and other seasonings such as salt.
- Add in denser veggies like carrot, zucchinis, onions and let saute til slightly soft then.
- Add in rest of veggies (dense to less dense) until steaming hot and slightly fried, crisp but not overcooked.
- Mix all ingredients into saucepan and cook on med/ low while preparing stir fry veggies, stir often, if too thick add more water, add more cayenne if you have a spice for life.
- Coat protein in the marinade ingredients. Bake or grill strips of marinated chicken or tempeh on shish-ka-bob sticks.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 4 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 378Total Fat: 8gSaturated Fat: 2gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 5gCholesterol: 20mgSodium: 1179mgCarbohydrates: 65gFiber: 4gSugar: 15gProtein: 12g