Six Reasons Why I Like to SHOP in Canadian Stores
I do most of my SHOPPING online and when it comes to choosing where to SHOP I will always try the Canadian sites first. This past Christmas, I purchased most of my holiday gifts for friends and family online. It was easier for me since I live in a rural area and the selection of products in my area is extremely limited. Despite my desire to do all my SHOPPING from Canadian stores, I still had to SHOP on American sites and I had a couple issues that made me wish that there was a better option for me.
Here are a few reasons why I much prefer to SHOP on Canadian sites:
1. Prices are in Canadian dollars: I like knowing the exact amount that will appear on my credit card and not have to worry about what the exchange rate will be. Even though our dollar is worth more right now, I notice that the amount that appears on my credit card statement is actually MORE than the price listed on the website. It’s annoying.
2. Avoid Crazy Shipping Fees: Some American sites have insane shipping charges to Canada. I remember going to buy some small cosmetic items for my daughter and having the shipping charges be more than the actual product was worth! And why? I don’t get it.
3. No Duties or Brokerage Fees: This one really bugs me! I despise having to pay “brokerage” fees and think what some courier companies charge is highway robbery. Just last week I received a package from the US with a product value of $50. Guess what my “brokerage fee” was? $41!?! I was not a happy camper that day. I also know that if you don’t pay it when the driver comes to your door and have the package returned to sender, you will still be responsible for that fee. About a year ago, I had a package arrive with a brokerage fee of $20. I refused to delivery and the package was sent back. Then about a month later, I received a bill in the mail from the courier company for that fee. I told them that I never received the package. It didn’t matter though because a few months down the road, they sent me to Collections for the $20!! I ended up just paying it because I was worried about ruining my credit.
4. Your Time is Not Wasted: How many times have you filled your cart with products you want to purchase and proceed to check out only to discover that the site does not ship to Canada or take Canadian credit cards! For me, it’s too many times to count. Last month I was trying to purchase a Gift Card for an American reader and the site would not even allow me to do that because my credit card had a Canadian billing address. I ended up having to ask another American friend to purchase the card for me.
5. Support the Canadian Economy: This one is a no-brainer. I like knowing that I’m keeping my money in Canada.
6. No Price Discrepancies: It irks me when I see an item priced one way on a US website and then I go to the Canadian version of that site and see it priced differently. It is always priced more on the Canadian site….I don’t think I’ve ever seen it the other way around. Just look what happened last year when a major US clothing brand launched its Canadian store online. There was lots of backlash with customers upset over the pricing differences.
These reasons above are EXACTLY why I’m so excited for SHOP.CA to open its “doors” in May! SHOP.CA is designed for Canadians, by Canadians with their all-Canadian team and they know what we want want and need. I won’t have to deal with any of these headaches SHOPPING on SHOP.CA. Plus, there’s lots of bonuses when you SHOP at SHOP.CA like free shipping (orders over $40), returns up to 365 days, huge selection, cash back rewards on your purchases and much more! Check out my post where I explain more in depth about what SHOP.CA is all about.
Sign-UP now and get $10 SHOP.CA Rewards on your first purchase of $100+ AND receive 5x the rewards for all your purchases made in 2012. PLUS, enter to win $500 SHOP.CA Rewards, a trip to St. Lucia or Bahamas or a Samsung TV when you connect your SHOP.CA profile to your Facebook account.
Are you excited about SHOP.CA opening in May?
I am part of the SHOP.CA Super Shopper program and I receive special perks as part of my affiliation with this group. The opinions on this blog are my own.