Rolled Sugar Cookies with Chocolate Glaze Recipe ~ Avengers Style! #TheAvengersEvent
I’m embarrassed to admit that I’m 34 years old and I’ve never made cookies with a cookie cutter before. Sure, I’ve made lots of cookies but never ones where I had to roll the dough and make them into pretty shapes and then decorate them. Today, however, I made my first batch of cookie cutter cookies using my new Avengers cookie cutters and Iron Man spatula!
The selection at our local grocery store is atrocious and I always have a hard time finding ingredients I need. Of course, they didn’t carry meringue powder which I needed for the icing.
However, I think they turned out ok with the chocolate glaze. They tasted good!
Rolled Sugar Cookies with Chocolate Glaze
- 1 1/2 cups butter, softened
- 2 cups white sugar
- 4 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 5 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3 squares of semi-sweet baking chocolate
- In a large bowl, beat butter and sugar with an electric mixer until smooth. Beat in eggs and vanilla. Stir in the flour, baking powder, and salt. Cover and chill dough for at least one hour in the fridge.
- Preheat oven to 400 F. Roll out dough on floured surface 1/4 to 1/2 inch thick. Cut into shapes with any cookie cutter. Place cookies 1 inch apart on ungreased cookie sheets.
- Bake 10 minutes. Cool completely.
- Melt chocolate squares in the microwave. Brush on top of the cookies with a pastry brush. Let it set for a few hours until the chocolate has hardened. Enjoy!
Adapted from AllRecipes.com
“Like” MARVEL’S THE AVENGERS on Facebook.
Follow MARVEL’S THE AVENGERS on Twitter.
MARVEL’S THE AVENGERS hits theaters everywhere on May 4th!
*Disney/Marvel provided me with the cookie cutters and spatula to facilitate this post. Any thoughts and opinions expressed in this post are entirely my own.*