If you or someone that you love suffers from asthma and allergies then you probably know how important it is to have a healthy sleep environment. My five year old daughter has severe asthma, eczema and allergies and attacks are often triggered during the night with uncontrollable coughing and difficulty breathing. Thankfully, Hannah has been resting easier since replacing her bedding with a Complete Crib Set from SmartSilk™
This luxurious silk filled bedding set fits her toddler bed perfectly and it includes a comforter and mattress pad. She is also using a Standard Pillow to complete her bedding and allow her to sleep in the ultimate comfortable environment. SmartSilk™ crib bedding provides an all important barrier to dust mites and it is made with 100% silk filling and a 100% cotton outer shell. The mattress pad is extremely plush and luxurious to the touch and it is machine washable so caring for it is easy too.
When creating an asthma plan we had discussed using SmartSilk™ bedding with my daughter’s pediatrician who is an expert in the field of asthma and allergies. He had previously suggested that we use hypoallergenic bedding and told us of the importance of avoiding dust mites. With SmartSilk™ I was relieved to discover that there is a company that is Certified Asthma and Allergy Friendly™. In fact, it is the first company that offers ALL NATURAL bedding that is certified by the Asthma and Allergy Foundation of America, the Asthma Society of Canada and Asthma UK.
SmartSilk™ Bedding is an exceptional bedding line because it is:
- Naturally 100% hypo-allergic – does not trigger feather-related allergic reactions
- Rich with the protein sericin – the best choice for those with skin allergies
- Inhospitable to dust mites – a great relief to allergy sufferers
- Inhospitable to bed bugs – a great relief to us all
- Able to wick away excessive moisture – ideal for those affected by night sweats, or mild incontinence
- A fire retardant – ideal for crib bedding
- Resistant to mold & mildew and is one of the strongest natural fibers – durable, long lasting
- Light in weight and will not take on body odor – luxurious, soft, comfortable
- A temperature regulator – gives you warmth when it is cold and cools you down when warm
- Certified asthma & allergy friendly™ – confidence you can trust
As a mom, I have had many sleepless nights in the past while lying next to my daughter to make sure that she was still breathing properly. Since using SmartSilk™ bedding over the past thirty days, we have gone from an average of two nightly attacks per week to only 1 attack in the entire month. While she still has attacks that are triggered during the day after exercising, by a virus or spontaneously, I feel so optimistic that she is having less nightly attacks and is more rested than ever because she can actually sleep through the night.
She absolutely loves her SmartSilk™ pillow. This pillow is so soft and plush and is made with a cotton shell that has a silk-filled liner and a unique all natural polyester micro gel fiber filling that is mold and mildew resistant. It also uses SmartSilk™ Shield Advantage which is a proven barrier against allergens, dust mites and pet dander that live on most down and synthetic pillows.
Do you have trouble sleeping at night because you are too hot or too cold? If so, you might be very interested to learn that SmartSilk™ features Smart Temperature Advantage which is designed to automatically adjust to your body temperature and it has moisture wicking properties. As a side effect to her asthma my daughter would often wake up drenched in sweat and complain that she was very hot but that has not happened since using SmartSilk™ bedding.
Attributes of the SmartSilk™ Pillow:
- All natural polyester micro gel fiber filling
- All natural silk fill liner
- All natural cotton outer shell
- Moisture wicking properties help to reduce effects of night sweats
- Keeps your skin moisturized
- Water repellent non-woven material
- Breathable materials: no longer need to flip the pillow around looking for a cool spot
- Certified asthma & allergy
You are invited to visit the SmartSilk™ website to find the right bedding for you and your family. I am very impressed with the crib bedding set and pillow and appreciate that it is helping my daughter sleep even better at night with less nighttime asthma flare ups. I really appreciate that SmartSilk™ uses all natural materials that have been scientifically proven to work as opposed to synthetics. I wish everyone could feel how soft and comfortable it is because it truly is a luxurious sleeping experience. There is even a 10 year risk free warranty on SmartSilk™products!
One very lucky reader will receive two queen size pillows from SmartSilk™. That is a $90 Value!
Check out the list of all my current giveaways!
Disclosure: I was not financially compensated for this post. I received a sample of the product for review purposes. The opinions are my own, based on my personal experience with the product.