Leaping Into Photography
I’ve been envious of people who know how to take beautiful photographs and often said to myself, I wish I could do that! No matter how hard I tried with my point-and-shoot camera, my photos never even came close. This year I made a promise to myself that I would learn how to take beautiful photographs. It’s a leap year so I’m leaping into a new hobby- photography!
My parents surprised me by buying me an expensive DSLR camera for Christmas. I was saving my pennies to buy one and I was so ecstatic to see it when I opened my presents on Christmas morning. I called my mom and dad right away and thanked them profusely. Frankly, I was avoiding taking pictures with my old camera because the quality was so poor. The images were always fuzzy and I could rarely take any personal pictures for my blog posts. Now that I have my new camera, I’ve been taking lots of photos and having fun experimenting with different types of shots.
Here’s one I took recently of a tree in our yard:
I know I still have a loooong way to go and a lot to learn. Right now I’ve only been using the Fully Automatic mode on my camera because I don’t understand how to use the other modes properly yet. However, I plan to educate myself this year on how to use my camera and take full advantage of all the special settings.
Here’s a few ways I plan to leap into learning to take beautiful photographs this year:
- Read books about Digital Photography for Beginners. The word “beginners” is key here because I need it to be in terms that I can understand. If I start reading a book that is too advanced for me, then I know I will get frustrated.
- Buy PhotoShop. I’m saving my pennies now to buy it!
- Look into Online Photography courses once I have a basic grasp of what I’m doing. If there were photography workshops in my local area, I would definitely consider signing up for one.
- Read more photography blogs to learn from the pros.
- Practice, Practice, Practice! The only way to learn is by “doing” so that’s what I intend to do. Whether it be trying out new recipes and photographing them or going on short road trips in our area to take landscape photographs, I’ll be trying it all out. I want to see what style of photography I enjoy and what I’m good at.
So expect to see more personal pictures in my reviews, more recipes and random pictures on my blog. I’m excited to get started! Leave me a comment below and tell me what your next leap will be?
From bumper to bumper, the all-new CR-V is loaded with pretty much everything you need to tackle your Leap List. It’s your ultra-versatile adventure partner, and it’s built to take you just about anywhere you want to go. Learn more at leaplist.honda.com.
Compensation was provided by Honda via Glam Media. The opinions expressed herein are those of the author and are not indicative of the opinions or positions of Honda.