Top 10 Things I Learned About Blogging in 2011
I feel like I’ve come a long way this year and have definitely learned so much about blogging and running a website. Here’s 10 things I learned in 2011:
1. StumbleUpon is a goldmine! Not only is it fun to use and discover new sites, but it’s also amazing for your own blog traffic.
2. Be careful with plugins. After all my hosting issues this summer, I’m very leery about adding any new plugins to my site. Some plugins can and will break your blog.
4. Email lists are another great resource and something I wish I had started working on sooner. I’m not talking about Feedburner, but a newsletter through a service like MailChimp or Aweber.
5. Don’t rely on Adsense income. Google can and will take your earnings even if you didn’t do anything wrong. Long story and that’s another post I need to write.
6. Blogging friends are the BEST!
7. Pinterest is addicting.
8. I love being my own boss and the freedom that goes with it.
9. Having a dedicated server is expensive, but worth every penny.
10. BlogHer rocks! Best conference ever.
What did you learn in 2011 about blogging?