Visa Canada Holiday Giveaway | Win $50 Visa GC (Can) #visaperks
This year for Christmas I’m doing something I’ve never done before. I’m doing all my Christmas shopping without ever leaving the comfort of my home. Yep, online shopping only!
In past years, I’ve done most of my shopping at the malls or big box stores. However, last year was horrendous with the terrible road conditions and crowds (which I cannot stand), I said to heck with it. I’m NOT doing this again. I’m going to be a savvy online shopper this year!
Visa Canada recently conducted a survey on holiday shopping trends in Canada and the results are quite interesting! Here’s some of the key findings:
- On average, Canadians plan on spending 8.1 hours shopping in the mall and 3.9 hours shopping online this holiday season. Maritimers plan to spend the most time in the mall (9.2 hours), while Quebecers anticipate spending the least (7.5 hours). Ontarians plan to spend the most time online shopping (4.4 hours), while those from Saskatchewan/Manitoba rate the lowest (3.1 hours).
- Crowds (35%), long lineups (22%) and parking lot chaos (11%) continue to be the elements Canadians like least about holiday shopping.
- Canadian males expect to spend 7.2 hours shopping at the mall this holiday season, while females expect to spend 8.9 hours. Female Canadians expect to spend 3.5 hours shopping online during the holiday season, while males expect to spend 4.3 hours.
And how likely are people to shop online this year? Check out these stats:
- 51% of Canadians said that they are more likely than last year to shop online this holiday season.
- 68% of Canadians between 18-34 years claim to be more likely than last year to shop online this holiday season.
One site that I’ll visiting this year to shop is Visaperks.ca. They have lots of selection and great deals. I just found a deal for 10% off your purchase of DVDs and Blu-rays from Cineplex when I pay with my Visa card. John’s a movie buff and collects DVDs.
Will you be joining me in my online shopping adventure this year? Or are you sticking to the stores?
One CANADIAN reader will win a $50 Prepaid Visa Gift Card.
Check out the list of all my current giveaways!
IMPORTANT: Please leave your entries above using the Rafflecopter form. Comments do not count as entries. If you are having issues with the form please leave me a comment here. It’s a new software and feedback is appreciated!
To do the daily tweet: If the form will not let you put in your daily tweet, please fill out the main entry again and put “Do Not Count” in the Extra Info, Name or Email box. Then it should let you complete the daily tweet.
*I received a gift card as compensation for this post. Opinions expressed are 100% my own.*