10 Reasons Why I’m Not Participating In Your Affiliate Program
I work with a number of affiliate programs to monetize my site. Some of them are wonderful and then there’s some that are not so good. In fact, there’s a few that I refuse to work with either because they don’t have what I’m interested in or they put too many obstacles in my way. Here’s just a few things that bug me about some of the affiliate programs that I have tried in the past. Some of these won’t apply to my US friends, but as a Canadian I have extra hoops to jump through to work with various programs.
1. You won’t mail me a cheque. Why would I promote something when I won’t even be able to get paid. I live in Canada and we have mail here too. It’s not much extra to add a stamp on the envelope to get it to me.
2. You are charging me $35 processing fee to send me a cheque. Better yet, just use Paypal!
3. You don’t want a Canadian in your program. Yes, I am Canadian and do live in Canada. However, I have a very large American audience too! The form I fill out is a W8 and I can easily send you one.
4. Your offers are too spammy. If it looks like spam or something that I would never buy then I’m not going to post it. I don’t want a free gift card where I have to give my email and complete the Gold and Silver offers to get it.
5. Your affiliate dashboard is too complicated. If I can’t find the codes easily, then chances are I won’t post.
6. There’s no direct link to the offer with my affiliate code in the emails you send me.
8. I don’t trust your software to track my impressions or sales. If I post something and it says 0 impressions, then I know something isn’t right. It should at least show something?
9. You ignore my emails. I have questions and no one is answering them.
10. Your banners are crazy sizes that won’t fit in my post. Variety is good- give us lots of choices!
If you work with affiliate programs, have your experienced any of the same issues as me? Is there anything I’m missing in my list?