10 Ways to Stress Out A Blogger
- Steal their post and publish it on your blog as your own. This has happened to me a few times and it’s very upsetting. I’ve always handled it privately by emailing the blogger. For further reading, I recommend checking out Michelle Shaeffer’s post, “I Can “Borrow” a Copy of That, Right?”
- Follow and then unfollow their blog. This is mostly do with blog hops. Someone will comment on your blog and say they are following you. Then you go and follow them back and then they unfollow you as soon as you follow them back.
- Ask them to sponsor your blog giveaway when they don’t have products for sale.
- Ask them for their contacts. I don’t share emails of my contacts because of privacy concerns. Check out Our Ordinary Life’s post “Should Bloggers Share Contacts?”
- Cheat on their giveaway. This has been a hot topic lately- check out these recent posts by The Shopping Mom and Eighty MPH Mom.
- Don’t say thank you when you reply with your address after winning their giveaway. Some people just send their address and that’s it. Maybe it’s me, but I always appreciate a simple thank you. Check out Eighty MPH Mom’s post Winning Graciously- Do You?
- Spam their Facebook page wall repeatedly.
- Flake on the giveaway prize. There’s a few companies out there who ignore blogger emails about their winner’s prizes not arriving and never send the prizes. Check out Budget Savvy Divas’ post “Must Read: Companies That Do NOT FULFILL Prizes For Giveaway Winners”.
- Ship the giveaway prize with the review item to the blogger and expect them to pay to send to the winner.
- Spam comments…need I say more?
What annoys or stresses you out as a blogger?