Rafflecopter | A New Way to Enter Giveaways
I’ve been trying out a new software the last few days on a couple of my giveaways. I was a bit nervous at first, but I am loving Rafflecopter so far! It’s brand new and I’m one of the first blogs to be able to test it out.
Rafflecopter is a giveaway application with that helps bloggers to create, run and organize giveaways on their sites. You create an embeddable widget with all the important details of the giveaway (prize, start & end dates, entries, rules, etc) and paste the code into your post. The readers then enter on this form and I really like how fast and simple it is. No more loading and re-loading the page to leave multiple comments…and no captcha either!
Some of the benefits Rafflecopters lists for publishers are:
- Saves time because all giveaways are managed from one location (your Rafflecopter dashboard)
- Selects your winner(s) at random
- Identifying false entries (My giveaways are still new so I haven’t had any end yet, but this aspect would be very helpful!)
- Facebook Giveaways! It’s a third party app so it abides by Facebook Promotion Guidelines
- You can write the tweet entry to include whatever hashtags or @ that you want
- The main entry *must* be completed or it won’t let the person enter
Benefits for Entrants:
- Simple and quick to enter
- Your name and email doesn’t need to be filled out each time
- Adds extra entries for you so there’s no need to leave 5 comments of the same thing (ie. 5 bonus entries for email subscribing)
- Shows you if you follow on Facebook and if you don’t, it’s just a matter of clicking the like box.
- No annoying captchas
- After entering it will say “Done” even if you close out and go back at a later time
Also check out Just Married with Coupons’ interview of Greg Goodson, one of the founders of Rafflecopter!