One of my personal favourite gifts to give and receive are gift cards. They are cheap to ship, quick to purchase and everyone loves to get them….for the most part! What happens when you receive a gift card at a store you don’t shop at or don’t even have one in your area? Then what? Yes, you could wait until you travel to the city and shop then OR you may just set aside and then completely forget about it and never use it. Been there done that! I’ve received many gift cards over the years that I’ve never even used! I felt bad because it was almost like the person wasted their money on me.
I’m not alone either. Did you know that 1 in 6 gift cards go unredeemed? It’s a 6 billion dollar industry in Canada so that’s billions of dollars each year going to waste!!! It’s a staggering statistic to try to visualize.
CardSwap is the answer to this very real problem. It’s an online platform to buy, sell and donate gift cards and it’s just for Canadians! Bookmark it because it will save you money!
Why do I think CardSwap.ca is so great? Here’s a few reasons:
- It will save you money. You can buy gift cards up to 40% off the face value to hundreds of popular Canadian stores.
- It will make you money. You can put up your unused gift cards for sale and earn some extra money! You can receive up to 90% of the face value.
- You can support your favourite charities. Many charities now accept gift cards for donations.
- You can create a wishlist of your favourite stores. When gift cards become available for those particular stores, you will receive an email.
- The CardSwap Guarantee. All gift cards are validated for full face value before they are listed so you can count on getting the real deal. You will never buy a gift card that doesn’t work or doesn’t have the right amount on it. They also offer full refunds to unsatisfied buyers.
To buy a gift card, I just clicked on the tab at the top, “Buy” and then a list of all the available gift cards for sale came up. It shows me the store, gift card face value, CardSwap discount, and your cost. There’s a list of categories at the side like Dining and Food, Health and Beauty and Sports, etc, if I wanted to search that way. You can also refine your search by province, price range and discount range. I was curious to see what kind of discounts I would find and I did a search for 30% off and found a Gift Card for AMC Theatres worth $100 on sale for $70!
With CardSwap there’s no hidden fees and shipping is free. You can pay through either credit card or INTERAC online. With INTERAC online, it’s like using the machines in the stores and it comes directly from your banking account. Both methods are very safe and secure to use. After you purchase you will receive your gift card directly from CardSwap in 3 to 5 business days.
My favourite gift cards are for bookstores like Chapters to fuel my book addiction. I did a search for Chapters and found a $20 Chapters.ca Gift Card for sale for $18. I am adding that store to my wishlist because I want to know when they get more in!
You can also sell your unused gift cards using CardSwap. Fill out the form on CardSwap with all the details and CardSwap will make you an offer up to 90% of the redemption value. Then you will mail your gift card to CardSwap where they will verify the amount. After it’s validated, CardSwap will mail you a cheque (within 48 hours). Easy! I like that they look after everything for you and take care of getting it to the buyer. Your job is done once you mail it in!
CardSwap is now added to my bookmarks because it’s definitely a site I will be returning to again to purchase birthday gifts, Christmas gifts and special treats for myself too. Join thousands of Canadians who have registered on CardSwap and start saving money!
*This review and giveaway is brought to you by CardSwap. Opinions expressed are my own.*