Getting Started with LinkWorth | Setting Up Your Profile
I’ve gotten requests for the past couple months about posting information on LinkWorth and how it works. I make pretty decent money with them each month, but their site isn’t the most user friendly. It took me awhile to figure it out and there’s still a few things that still confuse me about it.
The offers that I mainly get from LinkWorth are for text link ads, sponsored posts and publishing pre-written posts. They pay you 50% of the price and you are paid via Paypal. They do pay because I’ve received a number of payments from them for the past few months.
One thing I wanted to mention after reading LinkWorth Terms of Service is that you must have your own domain to be accepted (ie. no blogspot in your url).
The first step once you’ve been approved for LinkWorth is to set up your profile. This is very important because this is what potential advertisers will see and decide if they want to advertise on your site!
- Click on the My Sites tab and then go to Submit Site.
The first section is Website Information. It asks for your:
- Site Title (ie. Simply Stacie)
- Site Address (ie. http://www.simplystacie.net)
- Site Description
- Main Category (choose the one that most applies to your site; for mine I’m in the Computers & Internet category).
- Category Tags (click up to three that describe your site)
- Site’s Language (ie. English)
- Monthly Unique Visits
- Additional Info (put site stats in this box that you want to highlight)
The next section is Additional Website Settings. I have mine set as follows:
- Allow Descriptions on Ads (I have Yes)
- Hide Website Address (I have No)
- I will use ‘rel=nofollow’ in all my links (I have No)
- This is a WordPress MU site (I have No)
The next step is deciding which ads you want to offer and how much you want to be paid for them.
- Offer LinkAds (static text link ads), Offer LinkMuras (rotating ads, require server side processing). I selected Yes, I want to offer LinkAds and LinkMuras. I will set at least one location price below. For prices I chose $40/month for both. You could choose less or more depending on your site stats and how much you want to charge.
- Offer LinkPost (paid blog reviews). I selected Yes, my Site is also a Blog and I want to offer LinkPost. I will set a LinkPost price below. Then you just need to put how much you would charge for a sponsored post.
- Offer LinkInTxt (selling keywords from your content). I selected Yes, I want to offer LinkInTxt and I will select one of the two options below. Then I chose I will later submit my webpages individually. I’ve never actually done one of these though so I don’t know too much about them.
- Offer LinkBB (full page ads hosted on your site). I selected I don’t want to offer LinkBB at this time.
- Offer LinkBanner (banner ads). I selected Yes, I want to offer LinkBanner and I will set a Zone below. Then you would decide what size of buttons you would accept and where they would be placed. I’ve never gotten any of these offers though.
- Then click Submit and your site will be reviewed by LinkWorth. You can check the status under Manage Sites in the My Sites Tab. They will also give you a LinkRank which is an algorithm they use to evaluate sites (similar to Google Page Rank).
This is the first step and the most important in getting yourself set up to receive future offers from LinkWorth! Sign up today if you haven’t yet!