VTech 2-Line Expandable Cordless Phone System Review
I live in the middle of nowhere and don’t get to see my friends too often. In fact, some of my very good friends, I have never even met in person! However, I have spent many hours talking with them on the phone. A good friend of mine, Cindi, doesn’t even live in the same country and she’s actually 4 hours behind me. I chat with her a few times a week and I know how frustrating it is to try to have a conversation on a crappy phone. I actually just go a brand new phone from VTech and I am loving it! Cindi needs to ditch her crappy phone and pick up one of these!
The VTech DS6151 is a two line expandable cordless phone with a digital answering system and caller ID. Both are a must for me as well as Call Waiting. Some of it’s key features are as follows:
- Protection from Identity Theft with Digital Security (your call is digitized and encrypted making it nearly impossible for someone to easedrop)- Not that anyone would want to listen to my calls, but still it’s good to have!
- DECT 6.0 Digital technology provides best sound quality, security and range in cordless phones
- No interference with wireless networks and other electronic devices allowing for crystal clear conversations
- Expands up to 12 handsets using only 1 phone jack– that is more rooms than I have in my house!
- Dial and receive calls on two different phone lines with one phone (good if you have a business or a teen with their own line).
- Dual caller ID/call waiting and stores up to 50 calls
- Digital answering system with no tapes or moving parts (so much easier!)
- Ability to have hands free conversation with just the touch of a button (just make sure you tell the person on the other line that they are on speaker phone – personal pet peeve of mine!)
- Conference an outside call between handsets
- 50 Name and Number Phonebook Directory to easily store and dial your frequently called numbers
- Additional keypad on base
- Press any key to answer
- Remote message retrieval allowing you to get your messages even when you aren’t at home
- Page/Handset Locator (a must in our home where things go missing all the time.)
- Intercom between handsets as well as the ability to transfer calls between handsets (saves the person’s ear drums on the other line from your yelling “it’s for you”).
What can I say? I love it! It does everything I need except maybe the laundry. The sound quality is top notch. Cindi is in California and I am on the opposite end in Nova Scotia and I can hear her perfectly like she was my next door neighbour. That’s my main issues with phones. I need to be able to hear the person I am talking to. Nothing is more annoying that having to strain to hear someone on the phone. With this one, I hear great!
The rest of the features are an added bonus and make my life a little easier. I like the digital answering machine because I don’t have to pay extra for it like you do if you have Call Answer set up with your phone company. It’s so easy to check messages too. Just listen and delete or save for later.
The display is nice and large and easy to see from across the room. I don’t have to get up to see who is calling and if I don’t feeling like talking to that person (or telemarketers), I just don’t answer. Yes, I will admit to screening my calls in the past.
If you are on the market for a new phone, definitely consider VTech’s 2 Line Expandable Cordless Phone System. It retails for $79.95 and is a great buy! I’m very happy with my experience with it so far.
*I was not financially compensated for this post. I received a sample of the product for review purposes. The opinions are completely my own based on my experience.*