Himalayan Salt Shop Review
When I took my daughter to her asthma specialist she suggested that one of our natural options (in addition to traditional medicine) was to purchase a salt lamp. I had no idea what a salt lamp was until I learned more about it at the Himalayan Salt Shop. So what is a Himalayan Salt Lamp…….? These lamps of made of “natural crystal salt mined from underground salt mines in the foothills of the Himalayan Mountains.
According to the Himalayan Salt Shop here is how the product can be beneficial:
- The beautiful orange-reddish Himalayan crystal salt is mounted on a wooden base
- This crystal salt is hundreds of millions of years old and, as a result, has special properties and high mineral content
- Heat from the bulb (in our lamps) or flame (in our candle holders) causes the salt to emit negative ions
- These negative ions bond with the pollutants in the air (positive ions) and neutralize them
- Also, the newly bonded ions become heavier and fall to the ground removing them from the air circulation
- In addition, these negative ions combat electro-smog caused by electronic devices operating in the home
- Symptoms from asthma, allergies, and other illnesses can also subside from the effects of these products
- Concisely, these products cleanse the air naturally and are extremely beautiful
If you would like to read a more technical scientific explanation about how a Himalayan Salt Lamp works (my husband found this very interesting…..) you can read the article here.
The first thing that I noticed when our Himalayan Salt Lamp arrived is how beautiful it is and that it has become a focal point of conversation whenever we have a guest in our home who automatically asks us “what is that…it’s so neat.”
I can’t say one way or the other yet if our new salt lamp will help Hannah’s asthma but I do know that when she is recovering from severe attacks our doctor recommends resting in the salty air of the Atlantic Ocean to breathe in the salt air and that has definitely made a big difference in my experience. I am excited to give the Himalayan Salt Lamp a chance and really think it is just so unique.
Himalayan Salt Lamps would make an excellent holiday gift idea especially to try for someone with asthma or allergies to see if it works. You can view the entire selection of Himalayan Salt Lamps from the Himalayan Salt Shop online.
There is a really good sale going on right now and you can purchase a salt lamp starting at only $19.99 depending on the size. There is lots of really good information at the Himalayan Salt Shop website so you are invited to visit and learn more.
*I was not financially compensated for this post. I received a sample of the product for review purposes. The opinions are completely my own based on my experience.*