3M Scotch Duct Tape Review
Are you looking for a stocking stuffer for a DIY-er? In our home, that’s definitely John. He does all our home repairs and maintenance and being a carpenter by trade, he is always fixing something around our home. One handy item to have is 3M Scotch Duct Tape. You never know when you might need it!
With Winter weather here, duct tape is good to have to patch tears or secure items both indoors and outdoors. We had a bad wind storm here the other day and John made sure that everything outside our home was safe and secure. Thanksfully, we had no damage, but our neighbours weren’t so lucky. They had a tree come down on their home and break a window and in a situation like that, I know that the duct tape would be instrumental in sealing the window temporarily.
Scotch Duct Tape is different from other tapes you might find in the store. How so? They have a number of products to suit whatever you need for the task at hand. They are very strong, versatile, easy to use and produce reliable, high quality results.
They have a number of types depending on your needs including:
- Scotch® Tough Duct Tape Transparent: Because it’s very discreet and won’t make the repair obvious, it’s great for patch repairs indoors and outdoors. Good for bundling and securing lightweight loads. We received a roll of this and I like the fact that it’s not noticeable and much more attractive to look at.
- Scotch® Tough Duct Tape Heavy Duty All Weather: This is the tape you want to use outdoors because it’s made to resist the weather and UV rays. It’s also waterproof. Very very strong.
- Scotch® Tough No Residue – Like it’s name, it leaves no goo or sticky residue for up to 6 months and can be used outdoors. It’s ideal for securing cords, hanging signage, bundling and labeling.
- Scotch® Tough Extreme Hold – Strong tape used on demanding jobs. It has a double-thick adhesive layer and a waterproof backing. It can handle temperatures up to 200F.
- Scotch® Tough Outdoor Painter’s Clean Removal – Handles a variety of surfaces including rough ones and is trong enough to hang poly sheeting. It’s also waterproof to moisture proof and seal. Clean removal for up to 14 days on most surfaces.
- Scotch® Tough Poly Hanging and Tarps – a professional grade duct tape with high tensile strength. It’s tough enough for just about anything on the job site from general repairs, hanging and securing plywood, to repairing tarps. Its shear strength is perfect for vertical applications. This means it won’t fall down. And it is conformable for a tight seal with strong adhesive to stick around for a long while.
As you can see, there’s a duct tape for any type of job big or small. Scotch Duct Tapes are easy to use, tear easily and get the job down. It’s a brand John trusts and keeps in his tool arsenal when he is being handy around the house.
Scotch® Tough Duct Tapes are available at Home Depot and Rona ranging in price from $8 to $10. To learn more visit 3M Canada.
*I was not financially compensated for this post. I received a sample of the product for review purposes. The opinions are completely my own based on my experience.*