Five Ways to Improve Your Alexa Rank
I have been actively trying to figure out Alexa for the past six months or so and see if there are ways to improve your ranking. I know that I had a big jump in rank when I switched to WordPress. When I was on Blogger, I was always in the 100,000’s and now on WordPress I have been steadily moving to the lower digits. Remember the lower the number, the more traffic your site has. Right now I sit in the 30,000’s so I am very pleased. I hope to keep going in this direction!
I have done a bit of research into ways you can improve your Alexa Ranking and wanted to share them with you so you can implement them too.
- Install the Alexa Toolbar. This is key! It’s easy to do. Just visit Alexa and download it. They have a toolbar for Internet Explorer, Firefox and Google Chrome. Not only can you see all the site’s you visit Alexa Rank, but you are also helping your own site out because you visit it the most! Plus, you are helping the ranking of your favourite sites that you visit as well.
- Tell your blogger friends to install the Alexa Toolbar. Same deal as above. They visit your site and help you improve your ranking (and vice versa for them.)
- Add an Alexa Traffic Widget to Your Site. Alexa Ranking is updated daily so this allows you to easily track your site.
- Get Reviews on Alexa. Ask your readers and friends to write a quick review about your site. You can add a button to your blog where the person just needs to click and they are taken right to your page on Alexa to write a review. I have the button posted on my sidebar if you would like to write one for me 🙂
- Use StumbleUpon. If one of your posts hits big time on StumbleUpon this can bring you massive amounts of traffic. I am still trying to figure out StumbleUpon and stumble any posts that pique my interest. I also stumble some of my own posts, but the majority are other peoples posts.
I invite you all to try my suggestions and see how much your ranking improves over the course of a couple months. If you like, please leave your current Alexa Rank here and then track it for the next month and see what happens. I think you will notice a difference if you implement my suggestions.