Mickey Mote + DVD Play Set Review
Walt Disney Studios Home Entertainment is proud to debut the new Disney “Mickey Mote” Mickey Mouse Clubhouse Numbers Round Up DVD and the companion DVD, “Disney Handy Manny Big Construction Job.”
The new Mickey Mote is perfect for my young children ages 3, 4 and 5. It is a new interactive way for children ages 2-5 to become part of their favorite Disney Preschool shows using their own “Mickey Mote” a remote control designed specifically for little hands. My children and I have always liked how the Mickey Mouse Clubhouse encourages active participation and the new Mickey Mote takes it to a new level. Now, instead of just shouting out the answers, they can click one of the buttons on the Mickey Mote during the shows to answer specific questions about colors, shapes and sizes. The Mickey Mote is shaped like Mickey Mouse’s ears and is very simple to use. All of my children ages were able to easily use the Mickey Mote easily after showing it to them once.
In order to get started, the Mickey Mote must synch with your DVD remote control. I followed the instructions and after a bit of initial confusion it was set and ready to go. The only problem that I encountered is that the DVD automatically started on Auto Play mode which does not allow use of your Mickey Mote. After doing some research, I was able to go to the menu of my regular DVD remote and get to the proper screen on the DVD to turn on Discovery Mode 1. I am glad that I didn’t get frustrated because once we had it working the kids had a lot of fun.
There are three ways to view Mickey Mote compatible DVD’s including:
- Discovery Mode Level 1: Use your Mickey Mote (or DVD remote) to answer fun questions about colors, shapes and sizes. (I used this play level for my 3 and 4 year olds).
- Discovery Mode Level 2: Move to a higher level with more challenging questions using your Mickey Mote (or DVD remote)(this was the level my five year old enjoyed most).
- Auto Play: Enjoy without using the remote
Once you have purchased the Mickey Mote then you have access to use any of these Disney Preschool DVD library titles along with your new Mickey Mote including:
- Mickey Mouse Clubhouse: Road Rally
- Mickey Mouse Clubhouse: Mickey’s Adventures in Wonderland
- Mickey Mouse Clubhouse: Mickey’s Choo Choo
- Mickey Mouse Clubhouse: Minnie’s Bow-Tique
- Handy Manny: Manny’s Motorcycle Adventure
- Handy Manny: Manny’s Big Race
- Little Einsteins: Fire Truck Blast Off
- My Friends Tigger & Pooh: Super Duper Super Sleuths
- My Friends Tigger & Pooh: Bedtime With Pooh
I liked that both Disney Handy Manny Big Construction Job and Disney Mickey Mouse Clubhouse Numbers Round up are both feature length titles and include bonus episodes too so that really makes it worth your money. Available November 16th, 2010 you can purchase any of these specially marked packages to get your Mickey Mote for only $29.99.
My children do not play video games and are far from electronically “savvy”. I especially enjoy that the Mickey Mote is a fun way to let my three year old use this remote and feel like he is a “big kid.” Finally they have their own remote control and I don’t have to say “put that down.”
The Mickey Mote would be a great holiday gift idea for any preschool age child, especially those little ones who are big fans of Disney Preschool programming.
Beginning on November 16th, 2010, you can purchase the Mickey Mote at a retailer near you or online at Amazon.com
Watch for the coupon on the front of the titles to instantly save $8 on any two Mickey Mote titles, or inside you will find another coupon for $3 off of a single title.
*I was not financially compensated for this post. I received a sample of the product for review purposes. The opinions are completely my own based on my experience.*