I love the idea behind the TimeBuddy. It is an interactive toy clock that helps to teach children the concept of time management. My kids and I had a lot of fun using the +150 stickers that are customizable and then pre-recording personalized messages. My children are not yet able to tell time though we have started to work on concepts. The Time Buddy has helped significantly in their understanding of how a clock face works.
How does it work? I really like the handy tip sheet provided on the TimeBuddy website as it was helpful when I was setting up our TimeBuddy at home:
- TimeBuddy™ combines the functionality of a 24-hour clock, a digital clock, audio recordings and reusable stickers to guide young children through their day.
- The digital clock allows parents to set up to three audio prompts at different times throughout the day. These prompts, in the form of a character voice and personalized with the child’s name, alert children when it is time to start or finish specific activities.
- The reusable stickers are visual icons that represent daily activities. Children and/or parents place stickers at designated times on the 24-hour clock.
- The red hand on the clock will point to these icons at programmed times giving children cues on when to start and end an activity.
- The included TimeBuddy™ activity book features short stories and a set of four markers for even more interactions.
In my experience, my children thrive on having a set routine and consistency. The TimeBuddy is a very helpful too that is not only educational but fun too. The first thing that we did was to set a time for independent reading and quiet time for my eldest son. Now he actually anticipates as the time approaches and gets ready by himself with a book or quiet activity. We also take 15 minutes each day during our school time to learn about time concepts and the Time Buddy is our companion during these lessons.
If you would like to see a demonstration or learn more about how the TimeBuddy works head over to the website. There is also a Child Psychologist video that discusses how the TimeBuddy can help your children learn time management skills. You can even have the opportunity to use the ASK THE EXPERT feature.
Purchase TimeBuddy for only $34.95. Exclusively for Simply Stacie readers you can receive free shipping on your Time Buddy purchase through October 31st 2010. Use code sss150blog to redeem your free shipping.
*I was not financially compensated for this review. I received a sample of the product for review purposes. The opinions are completely my own based on my experience.*