Book Review | Revolutionizing Your Health
Author: Dr. Marvin Kunikiyo
About the book:
Dr. Marvin Kunikiyo was born and raised in Hawaii where he became an avid surfer, a lover of nature in general and of waves in particular. Now a chiropractic physician of 24 years, Dr. Marvin has taken to heart and embodied the admonition by Hippocrates, “Physician, heal thyself.” His own health experiences, along with his observations as a physician and his constant studying of health principles, have led him to an uncommon clarity and insight into the nature of health and disease. His passionate desire to share his knowledge to benefit others gave birth to this book. Dr. Marvin lives and practices in Washington State.
Dr. Marvin Kunikiyo’s Revolutionizing Your Health will help you understand the causes of disease, what the body requires to be healthy and why it gets sick.
Other topics you will learn about include:
- Why the medical paradigm is failing us
- Why so many diseases are caused by dehydration
- Why ionized water is truly a magic elixir
- The real cause of heart disease (it’s not cholesterol)
- Why vaccines are a really dangerous idea
- How an acidic environment breeds disease, while an alkaline environment fosters health
- The truth about diabetes and high blood pressure
- Why whole foods promote health while processed foods degrade it
- How free radicals destroy and anti-oxidants protect cells
- Why chiropractic care offers much more than just relief from back pain
Revolutionizing Your Health was full of alternative medicine tips and advice. Dr. Kunikiyo speaks about ionized water extensively and recommends and promotes his favorite brand of water ionizer. The premise of most disease according to Dr. Kunikiyo is dehydration. Our bodies don’t use water correctly and that’s why it is important to drink ionized water.
The book was easy to read, spoke in layman’s terms instead of medical ones and contained quite a bit of good information. It does talk about the health crisis in America and how he feels that medicine in general is headed in the wrong direction. Having dealt with numerous doctors over the last three years it was nice to finally read a book that made sense and supported my own beliefs concerning our family’s health care.
If you are interested in natural health care or just want to learn more about it, this would be a good book to start with.
I received a copy of this book to review but was not financially compensated in any way. The opinions expressed are my own.