Gluten Free Cherry Chocolate Cookie Tart Recipe
- 2/3 cup powdered sugar
- 1 package (3 ounces) cream cheese
- 1/2 teaspoon almond extract
- 1 egg
- 1 3/4 cups Pamela’s Wheat Free Baking & Pancake Mix (I buy large bags from amazon.com to save money)
- 2/3 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1 can (21 ounces) cherry pie filling OR equivalent amount of homemade cherry pie filling
- 4 oz white baking chocolate
- 2 teaspoons shortening
- Heat oven to 400 degrees F. Stir together powdered sugar, cream cheese, almond extract and egg. Stir in Pamela’s Ultimate Wheat Free Baking and Pancake Mix. Pat dough into 12-inch circle on an ungreased 12 inch pizza pan (place a sheet of waxed paper on top of dough for easy patting; remove waxed paper when finished patting).
- Bake 8 to 10 minutes or until light golden brown. Sprinkle chocolate chips over hot crust. Bake 1 minute longer or until chips are melted; spread evenly. Cool 5 minutes.
- Spread pie filling over crust. Heat white baking chocolate and shortening over low heat stirring constantly until smooth; drizzle over pie filling using a teaspoon and long quick motions to create a design (see photos for example of design). Slice into wedges and serve. Cover unused portions and store in the refrigerator.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 8 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 481Total Fat: 16gSaturated Fat: 9gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 6gCholesterol: 28mgSodium: 122mgCarbohydrates: 78gFiber: 9gSugar: 18gProtein: 12g
Cinde is a freelance writer and the author of two blogs. Her Freebie Fairy giveaway & product review blog is a great place to visit for a chance to win family friendly products. Cinde’s Gluten Free Taste of Home blog is the place to go for gluten free comfort food recipes, giveaways, and product reviews.
Cinde is a busy mother of three young children, one of which has Celiac Disease, and another who is on the Autism Spectrum. When she is not parenting, advocating for her children, or writing, Cinde enjoys gardening, baking, and scrapbooking at her home in the Washington countryside.