One thing I did not inherit from Mom was her ability to eyeball a picture and hang it perfectly on the wall. When I do it, I either do it too high or make it look uneven with the surrounding pictures. I always end up having it to do it over and over and leave a million unnecessary holes in my wall. Thankfully, there is a product on the market to help me out called the Hang & Level
Some of the key performance features of this picture hanging tool:
- Marks exactly where the nail goes
- Works for single or double nail placement
- Saves time, walls and frustration
- Eliminates mistake holes and scratches
- Easily hangs one or more pictures (horizontally or vertically)
- Has two built-in levels to ensure pictures are straight
- Maximum weight 10 lbs (4.5 kg) for the single hook, 20 lbs (9 kg) for the double hooks
- A great solution for hanging other small wall decor items such as clocks, mirrors, plaques, and collage frames
John and I are redecorating our house and this tool has been a godsend! It’s also very easy to use and pretty much does the job for you. I like that there’s no guesswork so you get it right the first time. All of our pictures are level with each other and hung straight. This really makes a difference to the decor of our home. It’s a great product for busy moms with limited time who are decorating the rooms in their home.
John is a carpenter by trade and says that the Hang & Level makes hanging things on the wall easy and that it’s a great around the house handyman tool.
You can find the Hang & Level at various home improvement stores (like Canadian Tire and Home Depot) throughout Canada and the US. It’s priced at $19.99 and is a tool that you will get LOTS of use out of.
This would make an excellent gift for the do-it-yourself person on your list.
Disclosure: I was not financially compensated for this post. I received a sample of the product for review purposes. The opinions are my own, based on my personal experience with the product.