zuuzs Grand Spring Recipe Challenge Rules
OFFICIAL CONTEST RULES
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER. INTERNET ACCESS IS REQUIRED TO PARTICIPATE.
- CONTEST PERIOD: The zuuzs Grand Spring Recipe Challenge (the “Contest”) begins April 1, 2012 12:01 AM EST and ends April 28, 2012 11:59 PM EST (“Entry Period”). The Public Voting Period begins April 29, 2012 12:01 AM EST and ends May 27, 2012 11:59 PM EST (“Voting Period”).
- HOW TO ENTER: During the Entry Period, The entrant must sign up for zuuzs.com The entrant will submit an unpublished recipe by email to email@example.com. Each recipe will need to have two to three original, unpublished pictures with a width of 550 px, a recipe, title, and directions. In the subject line place the category the recipe is being entered to from one of the following:
- Appetizers/Side Dish
- Main Dish
Each submission is to contain the following information to be considered a valid entry:
- Complete name
- Email address
- Two to Three pictures with width of 550 px
- Blog url (not required, but the recipe will be linked back to you)
An entrant my submit no more than one recipe to each category. After a recipe is submitted to firstname.lastname@example.org, it will be published on Simplystacie.net, makobiscribe.com, and/or zuuzs.com as well as published into a recipe look book titled zuuzs 2012 Spring Recipe Challenge Collection and distributed as the sponsor sees fit and becomes the (“Entry” or “Entry Materials”). Only one eligible Entry per person is permitted. All Entries become the property of the Sponsor and must be received by April 28, 2012 11:59 PM EST. Duplicate submissions per person will automatically be disqualified. By participating, entrants agree to these Official Rules and the decisions of the Sponsor, which shall be final and binding in all respects.
- ELIGIBILITY: The Contest is open to legal residents of the United States and Canada (excluding Quebec), who, as of date of entry are 18 years of age or older. Employees of ZUUZ, LLC, Simply Stacie, or Makobi Scribe Reviews, LLC (“Sponsor”), and their respective affiliates, subsidiaries, advertising agencies and promotion agencies involved with this Contest, and the immediate family members (spouses, parents, children, and siblings and their spouses) and/or those living in the same household of any such persons or entities (whether related or not) are not eligible to participate or win. All federal, state, local, municipal and provincial laws and regulations apply. Void in Quebec and where prohibited or restricted by law.
- ENTRY REQUIREMENTS: In order to be entered into the Contest, entrants must comply with registration instructions when submitting their Entry. Submitted Entry Materials must be the property of the entrant and must be in English. Any Entry or portion thereof that, in the Sponsor’s sole discretion, is obscene, profane, lewd or defamatory; contains any third party materials, or otherwise displays, violates or infringes (or may infringe) any copyright, trademark, logo, mark that identifies a brand or other proprietary right of any person living or deceased (including but not limited to, rights of privacy or publicity or portrayal in a false light) or entity; includes anti-social, political, religious or special interest groups, a commercial solicitation or promotional materials, or address, phone number, or URL address; is otherwise objectionable; or does not meet the requirements outlined on the Contest Website, will not be considered and may be disqualified as an Entry. Additionally, please make sure that all Photos do not include branded items. Each Entry must be no larger than 5MB and must be submitted in .png, .gif, .jpg, or .jpeg format. Each Entry submitted becomes the property of Sponsor upon submission and will not be returned. Each entrant grants to Sponsor a worldwide, royalty-free, perpetual, non-exclusive right and license to copy, distribute, and display each submitted Entry/Photo, in any media, and with right to use, copy, modify, edit, and create derivative works thereafter, and agrees to execute documents confirming such right and license (as further defined in section 8 below) at Sponsor’s reasonable request. Entry must be uploaded in accordance with the specifications set forth in these Official Rules and at the Contest Website. Any Entry deemed inappropriate or unsuitable, in Sponsor’s sole discretion, will be disqualified. By entering the Contest, you understand that your Entry/Photo may be posted online, in Sponsor’s sole discretion, to be viewed and voted on by members of the general public. Submitted Photo should not contain any visible logos, drawings, cartoons, phrases, trademarks or other third-party materials. Entrants may not copy or otherwise plagiarize the Entry from any source. Any Photo that is not of satisfactory quality (e.g., brightness, focus, etc.) will be rejected, at Sponsor’s sole discretion. Sponsor has the sole discretion to determine whether a Photo qualifies as an Entry. Any Entry not in compliance with the above and which does not meet the Contest Website’s requirements will be disqualified. Entries must be in keeping with Sponsor’s image and may not be offensive, as determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion. In such an event, the Entry will not be posted online and will be disqualified from the Contest. Normal Internet access and usage charges imposed by entrants’ online service will apply. No information regarding an Entry, other than as otherwise set forth in these Official Rules or on the Contest Website, will be disclosed.
- PUBLIC VOTING TO DETERMINE THE TOP ENTRIES/JUDGING TO DETERMINE WINNERS: At the conclusion of the Entry Period, the potential winners will be determined from among all eligible Entries received during the Entry Period, based on the outcome of the online public voting. During the Voting Period, all eligible Entries will be posted on the Contest Websites and will be subject to voting by visitors to the Contest Website (“Visitors”). Visitors to the Contest Website during the Voting Period will have the opportunity to vote for their favorite Entry. Limit one vote per person/Facebook ID, per day (per every 24 hour period) during the Voting Period. Please Note: Any attempt to use multiple e-mail or Facebook accounts or other tactics to enter or vote more than the stated limit may result in disqualification and all associated Entries and/or votes will be void. Entries or votes generated by script, macro, bot, robotic or automatic devices, commercial Contest subscription, vote-swapping sites, voting software, entering service sites or any other automated means and entries or votes by any means that subvert the Entry and/or voting process or do not conform to the spirit of these Official Rules will void the Entry and/or votes and may disqualify the entrant. Entrants are prohibited from obtaining votes, and voters are prohibited from soliciting votes on behalf of entrants, by any fraudulent or inappropriate means, including, without limitation, offering prizes, payments or other inducements to members of the public (including, without limitation, offering to trade votes), as determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion, and all associated votes may be void and such entrants disqualified. At the end of the Voting Period, the entries with the highest number of votes and two panel-picked entries (to allow the little guy a chance at fame) will be judged by a panel of judges consisting of chefs, bloggers, and the sponsors.
- PRIZES AND APPROXIMATE RETAIL VALUES (“ARV”): Grand Prize (1) – Gift Cards totalling $500 for kitchen related wares, up to a total retail value of USD$500. Category Prize (3)
- GENERAL RULES: Decisions of the Sponsor are final with respect to all matters relating to this Contest. By participating, entrants agree to be bound by these Official Rules and the decisions of the Sponsor, which shall be final and binding in all respects. Potential Grand and Category Prize winners will be required to sign and return an Affidavit of Eligibility, liability/publicity release (where permitted by law) and assignment of rights, or if winner is a Canadian resident, a Declaration of Compliance, within ten (10) days of notification attempt or the prize will be forfeited and an alternate winner may be determined. Return of prize or prize notification as undeliverable may result in disqualification and alternate determination. The Sponsor and its agents are not responsible for technical, hardware, software or telephone malfunctions of any kind, lost or unavailable network connections, or failed, incorrect, incomplete, inaccurate, garbled or delayed electronic communications caused by the user or by any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilized in this Contest, or by any human error which may occur in the processing of the entries in this Contest, or for any liability for damage to any computer system resulting from participation in, or accessing or downloading information in connection with, this Contest. The Sponsor reserves the right in its sole discretion to disqualify any individual that tampers or attempts to tamper with the entry process or the operation of the Contest or the Contest Website; violates the Official Rules; or acts in an unsportsmanlike or disruptive manner, or with intent to annoy, abuse, threaten or harass any other person. Any attempt by any person to deliberately undermine the legitimate operation of the Contest may be a violation of criminal and civil law, and, should such an attempt be made, Sponsor reserves the right to seek damages from any such person to the fullest extent permitted by law. Sponsor’s failure to enforce any term of these Official Rules shall not constitute a waiver of that provision. If, for any reason, the Contest or online voting is not capable of running as planned, including infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical failures, or any other causes beyond the control of the Sponsor which corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of the Contest process, then the Sponsor reserves the right at its sole discretion to cancel the Contest or online voting and determine the winners via judges from among all eligible Entries received prior to cancellation, based on the judging criteria.
- RELEASE: By entering the Contest, you hereby grant the Sponsor, their affiliates, subsidiaries, assigns, licensees, and legal representatives the unrestricted, absolute, perpetual, worldwide right (but not the obligation) and license to use, copy, modify, edit, create derivative works from, display, transmit, perform, distribute, publish, exhibit and otherwise use the submitted Entry in any and all media or form of communication, whether now existing or hereafter developed, including on Contest and Sponsor’s websites or those websites owned by Sponsor, their affiliates or anyone acting with Sponsor’s authority, all for the purpose of operating and publicizing the Contest. Winners waive any right to royalties or other compensation arising from or related to the use of the Entries. Winners must acknowledge Sponsor’s right to crop, splice, treat and edit the Photo portion of the Entries at its sole discretion and waive the right to inspect or approve the finished product, now and in the future, whether that use is known or unknown to winner. Sponsor reserves the right to discontinue the use of the Entries without notice to the winner. You represent and warrant that: (i) all rights to the Photo/Entry belong to you and that it does not and shall not infringe on any copyright or any other third party right nor violate any applicable law or regulation, (ii) you have the right to grant any and all necessary rights and licenses provided herein, including without limitation, all necessary copyright and other related rights to the Entry, free and clear of all claims and encumbrances, without violating the rights of any person or entity, including any right to privacy or publicity, (iii) you hereby hold the Sponsor harmless from and against any third party claim arising from use of the Entry and you waive any right to inspect or approve uses of the Entry or to be compensated for any such uses. Participating in the Contest constitutes permission to the Sponsor, and their agencies to use participant’s’ names, voice, likeness, age, city, state and/or image and Entry for purposes of advertising and trade without further compensation, unless prohibited by law. By participating in the Contest, you agree that Sponsor, Facebook, their respective parent, subsidiaries, affiliated companies, agents, retailers, advertising and Contest agencies, and all of their respective shareholders, officers, directors, employees and assigns, members, representatives and agents (collectively, the “Released Parties”), will have no liability whatsoever for, and will be held harmless by you for, any liability for any bodily injury, loss or damages of any kind to persons, including death, and property, due in whole or in part, directly or indirectly, from entry creation, the acceptance, possession, use or misuse of the prize, if applicable, or participation in this Contest or participation in any Contest related activity. You hereby waive all rights and release each of the Released Parties from any claim or cause of action, whether now known or unknown, of any kind, including but not limited to defamation, invasion of right to privacy, publicity or personality or any similar matter, relating to the Contest, the operation thereof, or any Entry, or based upon or relating to the use and exploitation of the Entries as contemplated herein, or use in composite form, either intentionally or otherwise. You hereby represent and warrant that you have read these Official Rules and are fully familiar with its contents.
- JURISDICTION: The Contest and the Official Rules are governed by the laws of Wisconsin in the U.S. In the event of any dispute, entrants submit to exclusive personal jurisdiction in Wisconsin and agree that any dispute shall be brought in the Texas Circuit Court or the U.S. Federal District Court for Texas.
- WINNERS LIST: The names of the winners will be posted at http://makobiscribe.com/winners and http://www.simplystacie.net/winners-2/ as well as emailed within a reasonable amount of time of the close of the Sweepstakes.
- SPONSOR: The Sponsor of the Contest is ZUUZS, LLC Texas USA. The Contest is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with, Facebook. You understand that you are providing your information to ZUUZS, LLC, Simply Stacie, and Makobi Scribe Reviews, LLC and not to Facebook. The information you provide will only be used in the event you are selected as a Contest participant, winner or if you have indicated that you would like to receive additional information from ZUUZS, LLC, Simply Stacie, or Makobi Scribe Reviews, LLC. Any and all questions, comments or complaints regarding the Contest must be directed to ZUUZS, LLC, Simply Stacie, or Makobi Scribe Reviews, LLC, and not Facebook.