Traditional turkey dinners are nice, but they are a ton of work. If you want to switch things up this year, try hosting a fabulous holiday brunch instead. Try these simple tips to ensure your holiday brunch goes off without a hitch and make new family memories.
Establish a colour scheme
Keep the colour palette simple and focus on two complementary colours. Trending this holiday season is pairing opposite colours together. Once you’ve settled on your basic palette, add in a third accent colour like silver or gold to bring the look to a new level.
Some popular colour pairings include:
- Mint and blush for a feminine and vintage look
- Plum and teal for a sophisticated and elegant feel
- Navy (or turquoise) and red for a nautical, festive flair
- Green and fuchsia to create something preppy and fun
- Red and grey for a chalet-chic look
Keep these colour schemes in mind when you purchase accent pillow covers, table linens, napkins and runners.
Tip: If you are hosting multiple parties, keep your colours looking new and radiant with OxiClean™ Colour Shield Laundry Stain Remover. It helps fight tough stains like red wine and gravy while safeguarding colours.
Set the mood and the table
Make your dinner table memorable by creating a beautiful tablescape. Try these suggestions.
- Flow. Don’t overpack your table with too many decorations. Keep it simple so there is plenty of elbow room and enough space for dessert!
- Greenery and flowers. No decor is complete without succulents or fresh cut flowers. Try creating your own unique combinations by layering pine branches, Christmas ornaments and fresh flowers overtop a festive table runner.
- Table linens. Take a more casual approach to your brunch table linens this year. Mixing and matching colours and patterns keeps the decor lighthearted and bright. If you notice a spill, use OxiClean™ Max Force™ Foam Laundry Pre-Treater to help tackle even the greasiest spills and stains.
- Rethink your serving plates. For a casual and natural feeling buffet style brunch, set aside the traditional serving platters and opt for more rustic materials like slate, wood or marble. You can also try mixing vintage dishes with new items for a classic, yet modern feel.
Tip: To make cleaning up even easier, start with a clean dishwasher when your guests arrive and load it throughout the meal. Use OxiClean™ Extreme Power Crystals™ Dishwasher Detergent and Triple Action Dishwasher Booster to remove tough, stuck on stains.
Think beyond the tree
It’s easy to just focus on decorating the tree and forget about the rest of the house. Try placing small wreaths or pretty bowls filled with ornaments in different rooms. Using strings of lights indoors is also a nice way to decorate. Try bundling up small white lights and place them in glass jars to add a magical sparkle to a room.
Do you have any other holiday brunch tips to share?
One Canadian reader is going to win a Church & Dwight holiday prize pack that includes:
- OxiClean™ MaxForce™ Foam Laundry Pre-Treater
- OxiClean™ Extreme Power Crystals 26 PAK (468 g) Pouch
- OxiClean™ Versatile Stain Remover
- Arm & Hammer™ Truly Radiant™ Clean & Fresh Toothpaste
- Arm & Hammer™ Spinbrush Battery Toothbrush
a Rafflecopter giveaway
Disclosure: I was compensated for this post. All opinions are my own.