I’m having so much fun with these monthly recipe challenges! I’m part of the Cultured Kitchen Ambassador program through Patak’s Canada and Blue Dragon Canada and every month, we are given a challenge to complete. Recipe challenges are the best kind because I get to experiment in the kitchen, try new ingredients and products and have a ton of fun. This month’s challenge was a focus on eating healthier by creating a stir fry recipe using one of Blue Dragon Stir Fry Sauces. With new year’s resolutions in full swing and people looking to include more veggies in their diet, the timing couldn’t be better.
Also, Chinese New Year is coming up soon and a stir fry is the perfect meal for the occasion. Let’s get to it!
Blue Dragon makes it super easy to prepare a mouthwatering stir fry for your family. Choose any one of their delicious Stir Fry Sauces, add your meat and veggies and you have a healthy, filling meal.
Take a peek at some of the yummy flavours:
- Broccoli Beef Stir Fry Sauce: a rich blend of ginger, garlic and sesame oil.
- Chilli Coconut Stir Fry Sauce: a creamy Thai style stir fry with green chillies and coconut milk.
- General Tao Stir Fry Sauce: a sweet and spicy sauce with soy sauce and red chilli.
- Honey Teriyaki Stir Fry Sauce: a sweet & savoury blend of Japanese soy sauce, honey, soybean paste and ginger.
- Sweet and Sour Stir Fry Sauce: a mix of sweet and sour ingredients spiked with star anise and red chopped chillies.
- Szechuan Pepper Stir Fry Sauce: a Szechuan inspired stir fry with tomato, Szechuan pepper and spicy chilli flakes.
I would have loved to share a recipe using ALL of them, but then this post would be a mile long. I know you’re busy! Instead, I selected one – the Blue Dragon Chilli Coconut Stir Fry Sauce to satisfy my cravings for Thai food. I used to work across the street from a Thai restaurant in Edmonton and I think I tried almost every dish on the menu!
I created this simple Chilli Coconut Shrimp Stir Fry. It’s loaded with fresh veggies and shrimp. I think chicken would have also worked well so if you aren’t a shrimp fan, try chicken instead.
I bought the already cooked shrimp to save myself a step. If you only have raw shrimp, cook it first before you add in your veggies.
I adore how colourful this dish is. It makes me want to dig in right now!
Chilli Coconut Shrimp Stir Fry
This stir fry recipe makes it easy to eat your veggies! Packed with shrimp, fresh veggies and a creamy, spicy Chilli Coconut sauce, each bite delights your taste buds and satisfies your hunger.
- 1 tbsp vegetable oil
- 1 broccoli, cut into florets
- 1 red pepper, sliced
- 1 cup stringless sugar snap peas, trimmed
- 1 cup mushrooms, sliced
- 1 onion, sliced
- 3 carrots, sliced
- 3 green onions, chopped
- 1 cup bean sprouts
- 31 to 40 cooked shrimp, peeled & deveined
- 2 packages of Blue Dragon Chilli Coconut Stir Fry Sauce
- Heat vegetable oil in a wok over medium heat. Add vegetables and stir fry for 3 to 6 minutes or until they reach your desired tenderness.
- Stir in shrimp and stir fry sauce. Heat an additional two to three minutes. Serve over noodles or rice, if desired.
The Chilli Coconut Stir Fry sauce was creamy and spicy! I’d recommend having a big glass of cold water nearby. The flavour brought me back to my time in Edmonton working as an accountant and eating lunch with my coworkers. Ah the memories! It’s funny how food can do that to you.
Stir fries are always a hit in my family. Even broccoli-hating John gave the recipe a thumbs up. I have more veggies and meat added to my shopping list this week to try another Blue Dragon Stir Fry sauce flavour. The question is which one. I’m leaning towards Honey Teriyaki with chicken breasts!
Which flavour are you looking forward to trying for dinner?
One Canadian reader is going to win a Blue Dragon Canada prize pack that includes two new squeezy’s, two stir fry sauces and a cutting board.
Disclosure: I am part of The Cultured Kitchen Ambassador program in partnership with Patak’s Canada and Blue Dragon Canada and I receive special perks as part of my affiliation with this group. The opinions on this blog are my own.
You Will Also Love
If you liked this post, you will also love these ones!