OPI Fit to Be Tied Review

Disclosure: I was not financially compensated for this post. I received a sample of the product for review purposes. The opinions are my own, based on my personal experience with the product.

Fit to Be Tied is another one of OPI’s new holiday gift sets this season. It features three separate sets that each contain two lacquers and three glitter hair tie bracelets. I received the Fit to Be Tied duo containing two Mariah Carey shades in Liquid Sand: It’s Frosty Outside and Emotions. The other two duo sets feature Russian Navy and Polka.com as well as The Thrill of Brazil and Black Cherry Chutney.

OPI Fit to Be Tied

Buy all three sets and you can mix and match the colours and create different looks. Then you’ll also have nine fancy hair ties!

OPI Fit to Be Tied

Liquid Sand is so neat. It dries into a textured matte finish and all you need is two coats and your look is complete. There’s no need to use a top coat. When you run your hand over your nail, you can feel the gritty texture. Note that it is harder to take off with your polish remover. I find holding the pad with the polish remover on the nail for a about 20 seconds does help it to come off easier.

OPI Fit to Be Tied

Last week my nails were painted with Emotions, a midnight black colour in Liquid Sand. I love to wear black clothes, but don’t often paint my nails black so it was a new look for me. It was edgy and chic.

OPI Fit To Be Tied

It’s Frosty Outside is my favourite of the two. It’s like painting your nails is pretty silver glitter that sparkles in the light. It’s a little more dressier and I’d probably tend to wear this if I was heading out to a party or holiday function.

OPI Fit to Be Tied

OPI Fit to Be Tied holiday gift sets are now in professional salons and spas and retail for $19.95 each. Pick up one (or more!) as a stocking stuffer.

Connect with OPI on FacebookTwitterYouTube and Pinterest.

2013 Holiday Gift Guide

Comments

1. Elizabeth Matthiesen says

What a cute new idea or should I say selling campaign, I find the idea quite fascinating maybe as a stocking stuffer for Christmas. I’m not too keen on the idea of my nails feeling gritty though.

2. Anne Taylor says

I love the idea of liquid sand! These are lovely polishes and OPI can always be trusted to produce quality product!

3. Susan T. says

They look pretty but I don’t think I could stand having a gritty polish! Maybe with a top coat to smooth it out.

4. Traci Lynn Butler says

Cool colors in this line! You can really tell a difference in quality polishes like OPI versus cheap polish.

5. Judy C (Cowan) says

Nice idea! Not sure the colours and texture are for me but I know someone that one of these would make a nice stocking stuffer for.

6. Mer says

What a lovely little gift! I love the color selections, and the liquid sands are so much fun to wear (and well worth the annoyance of removal!)

They make such cute gift sets and have great names. The hair ties are an interesting and different addition. Love the It’s Frosty Outside by itself. Very festive!

8. Deb E says

I like the silver polish and continue to be amazed at people who have the time to do their nails. I’m a nurse and can’t go crazy on the nails but I like pinks and silvers like this.

9. Cathy French says

I haven’t had my nails done is so long now but when I did keep them up I always used OPI products. I would purchase my own favorites and take them to the salon with me.

10. Patricia O. says

I own “It’s Frosty Outside” and absolutely love it! it looks great with a really shiny/glossy top coat. It will definitely be my go-to polish this Winter season, which means a lot considering I own HUNDREDS of colours from OPI, China Glaze, Essie, CND, etc etc etc.

11. Stephanie F. says

I’ve used the liquid sand version before and it was so cool. It’s taken me a few years, but I do love the black and the navy blue polishes now!