Gluten-Free Lunchbox Coconut Surprise Recipe
I was not financially compensated for this post. I received a sample of the product for review purposes. The opinions are completely my own based on my experiences with the product.
Kellogg’s has recently introduced a gluten-free cereal: Rice Krispies Brown Rice cereal. They left out the malted barley so now people living with gluten sensitivities or Celiac disease can enjoy this classic cereal! I don’t follow a gluten-free diet, but I still enjoyed the taste. Plus, they tasted pretty darn good in this dessert I made from a recipe at the Rice Krispies website.
The Gluten-Free Lunchbox Coconut Surprise were amazing! I think the coconut really made the flavour pop. I told my family they were like a Rice Krispies square only baked. They were gobbled up faster than you can say coconut!
I did change one small thing in the recipe from the site. It mentioned using wax paper. I tried making them that way and found the wax paper stuck to the edges of the squares. I preferred just greasing with butter and omitting the wax paper altogether.
Gluten-Free Lunchbox Coconut Surprise
- 4 cups Rice Krispies Brown Rice Gluten Free cereal, crushed
- 11/2 cup Shredded coconut
- 1/2 cup Chopped pecans (optional)
- 1 can Sweetened condensed milk
- Grease an 8 inch baking pan.
- In large mixing bowl, combine crushed cereal, coconut and pecans. Add condensed milk and mix well. Spread evenly in prepared pan.
- Bake at 180°C (350°F) for metals pans or 160°C (325°F) for glass pans, 25-30 minutes or until top is just golden (do not over-bake). Cool 10 minutes. Turn out and remove foil or paper. Cool completely on rack.
- Cut into bars or use cookie cutters for interesting shapes. Store covered at room temperature.