Science and Inventions Creativity Book

Science and Inventions Creativity BookTitle: Science and Inventions Creativity Book

Author: Ruth Thomson

My Review:

You’re driving through the countryside, not another car for miles. The sun is shining, your hair is blowing in the breeze coming through the open car window. You breath deeply and sigh. What a beautiful day for a road trip. Then out of the back seat you hear a high pitched scream “ARE WE THERE YET?” Gone, shattered in a second is your fantasy of a drama free trip.

What could you possibly do to keep your children entertained for hours at a time while driving? ipods? Video games? Sure. But wouldn’t it be so much healthier and more challenging for them if they actually had something productive to do? This is where Science and Inventions Creativity Book can be a life saver. Hours and hours of learning and fun, all wrapped into one book. The book is written in large print and has easy to follow instructions. Crayons and a pair of scissors would be a great addition.

This activity book is large enough to fit comfortably on a child’s knee. There are games, models to make, high-tech craft paper, stickers and stencils. They can learn how to draw a submarine, read up on when various school supplies were invented, be a budding botanist and draw their own amazing new plant, and play The Great Inventions and Discoveries Game, plus so much more. This book is geared towards both boys and girls, and will ensure hours of fun and learning. In the car, on a plane, or sitting at the kitchen table, wherever they choose to be, there will be an invention waiting for them.

*I received a copy of this book for review, but was not compensated financially in any way. The opinions expressed are my own and are based solely on my experiences while reading this novel.*

Comments

1. MD Kennedy says

What a good idea! I remember when I was a kid my sister, brother and I would fight like the dickens on the long drives from our home in Washington DC to our grandparents’ houses in New England – and my Dad would say to us: “If you don’t stop your quibbling I am going to pull this car over and leave you on the side of the road!” Shut us up real quick! Anyway, having something like this would certainly have made these many trips so much more bearable for all!

2. Anita L says

I can relate to “Mom, are we there yet?” lol It’s been many years ago, but I can still hear my son asking! This activity book would have been a very constructive thing to have had back then. :)

3. Robin Wilson says

What a great idea to keep the little ones busy until you are “there yet”! We all like peace and quiet when driving, but this would be great for any time that you have to keep them occupied.

4. Laurie B says

What a cool book! I think I am going to invest in one for my car. We do alot of driving and this would really keep my kids imagination running and I can stay alot more focused on the road rather than them “are we there yet, How much longer” etc. Thanks for sharing this.

5. lauren p says

I would love to have a remedy to the “are we there yet?” it never fails that your kids will always ask that infamous question!

6. Gina Brickell says

My son would love this. He is soooo into science and has a great imagination. When we go to the library, there are so many DVD’s for him to choose from and all he ever wants to get is Bill Nye the Science Guy!

7. Lisa F. says

Wonderful thing for kids. I think it’s okay to use electronics for games, etc, but activity books should also be incorporated into the mix.

8. Elle says

Love this! [but I love anything to promote science] This is the sort of thing that would instantly be recognized as a gift from me!!

9. Joni Mason says

This book would be great for my niece. She home schools her children and is always looking for more books like these. Thanks for sharing!