10 Gorgeous Christmas Bokeh Photos

Bokeh is beautiful. You know the dreamy, blurry background in photographs? Christmas tree light bokeh, though, is truly something else. I’m going to try this tutorial on how to create Christmas tree light bokeh with my camera once we get the tree finally up.  Check out these gorgeous Christmas bokeh photos!
Prev7 of 10Next
Yep, that’s really our Christmas tree…
Prev7 of 10Next

Comments

1. Barbara Edwards says

I love all the brilliant colors in your Christmas Bokeh Photos. Sure makes me want to decorate my tree here at home!

2. Olivia Rubin says

I never even heard of the word bokeh till reading this post. I just thought it was called “blurry out of focus” lights! I had no idea photos could be intentionally taken to create that effect. Out of all i like the first pic and the champagne one the best

3. Angela Kinder says

I love bokeh photos and actually learned to take bokeh photos while I was learning photography years ago. This one is my absolutely favorite!

4. shaunie says

I think this is great as well … I didnt know it had a name for it.. I thought is was just called a photograph … never knew

5. Rebecca Sinclair says

I’m not big on colored Christmas lights, but that first photo is just gorgeous! I’ve got to learn to perfect the bokeh in my photos!

Well now I know what Boken means which I didnt before. I just got a new digital camera for Christmas . I waited a long time for one of them. So happy now. I can read all the rest of you blog her on photography and learn some more tips. Great pictures .

7. Lisa F. says

Wow, it’s cool when you learn something new! I had no idea there was a name for the blurriness. As they say, “the unexamined life is not worth living”, so I guess everything would have meaning!

8. Lisa R says

So basically it’s like a zoom/or clearer on one part and then blurred lighting backround. it makes it look like the picture pops out

sibabe64 at ptd dot net

9. Cheyenne P says

Just looking at these gets me in the holiday spirit again! Absolutely beautiful pictures! I wish my camera was halfway decent so I could do these. :(

10. MADDIE K. says

Great photo’s. I find that using a 50mm lense works great for photo’s like these. Could you tell me what lense / f stop you used?

11. Elizabeth says

The first one is captivating! I am a photographer myself and I love it when you can catch a moment like this is full beauty!

12. JENNIFER HART says

I do not know why I was drawn to Christmas photos today but I am sure glad I was. I learned that this type of photography is called bokeh. I never knew this but I like this style. It is especially nice with kids, pets and art. Now I will have to see if I can try a few of these myself on my pops fancy camera.Thank-you

13. Robin Wilson says

Thanks for introducing me to bokeh! I adore Christmas ~ anything Christmas! I hope that the tutorial is something that I can do with the camera I have!! I cannot wait!

14. Sandy Cain says

This is SO beautiful! Never even heard the word bokeh before, but I’ve always loved the effect. Now if only I had a camera!

15. Darlene Schuller says

Wow, so beautiful, & believe it or not, just what I needed today.. . I love love Christmas & anything to do with it.