Chevron Pumpkin Tutorial

I couldn’t help but be a little bit nervous when I set out to make a Halloween craft this past week. I don’t do crafts that often but after this weekend, I think I just may have to do them a little more often! I found a craft via The Home Depot Pinterest board and it had a pin from My Sweet Savannah that caught my eye. These Chevron Pumpkins are pretty simple to make and turned out beautifully! It’s not perfect, but I’m very pleased with how they look.

John and I went to The Home Depot after work this week and picked up our supplies. You will require spray paint (your choice of colour), painters tape and of course, pumpkins. I used some fall craft pumpkins.

The next step is to create your chevron design with the painters tape. This was a little tricky for me and I tried my best to make the tip of the chevron a point and get the tape on as straight as possible.

After you have created your chevrons with the painters tape, you will use the spray paint to stencil on the design. Just spray as evenly as you can over top of the pumpkin and then let it dry for a good half hour. Check your can of spray paint to see how long it says it takes to dry. I used three colours of spray paint- a metallic silver, white and black.

After the paint is dry, carefully remove the painters tape. And voila! You now have created some Chevron Pumpkins that you can add to your fall/Halloween decor!

*Disclosure: I was financially compensated for this post. Opinions expressed are 100% my own.*

Comments

1. Lisa Ehrman says

Those pumpkins look great! I’m not sure if I could ever make those look as good. Thanks for the step-by-step directions, too. I’m visual, and need all the pictures!

2. Karen Propes says

Love your pumpkins, I want to get those fake pumpkins and try this craft project, depending on what colors you use you can use for a lot of events. Halloween, thanksgiving, parties, it’s such a great project ideas. Thanks so much for the instructions.

3. Anne Taylor says

I love these pumpkins! I especially love them because I think that, even I, could do it! Great post, thanks!

4. natalie nichols says

This is so cute. We are so doing this next fall. I may cut them open anyway though because I love making pumpkin seeds!

5. Darlene Schuller says

Wow!! These are really neat! Thank you for sharing them. I’m always looking for creative ways to do things as I’m not creative or imaginative AT ALL!!

6. Georgia Beckman says

EEEEEEEEEK! Love it! Pinned it! Plan on having a porch full this Halloween! I love doing new & different things with my pumpkins. One of my favorites has been to drill holes all over the pumpkin & insert clear marbles. These are beautiful when the light shines through them at night. We did a pumpkin stackable snowman one year, that one wasn’t as great as I thought it would be. Chevron pumpkins will abound at the Beckman house this fall!

7. Marcella H. says

I like this idea for next year! Very artsy and MUCH less messy! Although I think I’ll do things the old school way too!

8. Candace C says

How cute are these?! Showed my husband, he thinks I’m crazy, but we are DEFINITELY making some of these this year!

9. Laurie P says

Something different to do with pumpkins! I like it!!! LOVE chevrons too! Definitely better than watching the carved faces rotting and collapsing into a puddle of mush lol.