Stir Fry with Spicy Ginger, Pineapple and Tomato Sauce Recipe
This recipe for Stir Fry with Spicy Ginger, Pineapple and Tomato Sauce was submitted by Stacy from Truly Original Organics in the Main Dish Category in the zuuzs Grand Spring Recipe Challenge! VOTE for this recipe here.
Stir Fry with Spicy Ginger, Pineapple and Tomato Sauce
Stir Fry Ingredients:
- bok choy
- bell pepper
Directions for Stir fry:
1. Coat large frying pan or wok with sesame oil at medium high temp.
2. Add minced garlic and ginger and other seasonings such as salt
3. Add in denser veggies like carrot, zuchinnis, onions and let saute til slightly soft then;
4. Add in rest of veggies (dense to less dense) until steaming hot and slightly fried, crisp but not overcooked.
- 1/2 cup diced Pineapple
- 1 whole tomato
- 1/4 + tsp cayenne (to taste)
- 1/4 c. soy sauce
- 1/4 c. water
- 1/8 c. rice vinegar
- 1/4 tsp. thickening agent like arrowroot or cornstarch
- ground ginger to taste
Directions for sauce:
1. Mix all ingredients into saucepan and cook on med/ low while preparing stir fry veggies, stir often, if too thick add more water, add more cayenne if you have a spice for life.
Optional Protien- Marinated Tempeh or Chicken:
Marinade: Tamari, rice vineager, pineapple juice, sesame oil and seeds, and cayenne pepper.
1. Bake or grill strips of marinated chicken or tempeh on shish-ka-bob sticks
- Prep work- cut veggies, marinade protein, boil water for rice
- First- start sauce, start oil and seasons on wok, add rice to boiling water, start baking or bbq’ing protein
- Next step- add dense veg to wok, add thickner to sauce, check and rotate protien
- To Finish- Add less dense veggies with a “cover” over to “steam” for last part, Cover protien with sauce for last 5 mins of cooking, stir rice and sauce, taste!
Promote your blog and showcase your recipe in zuuzs Grand Spring Recipe Challenge. The prizes include a $500 Gift Card as the Grand Prize and three $200 Gift Cards as the top Category prizes you can use to buy kitchen related wares. Submissions end on April 28th.