I Love to Wear Dresses

I’ve always loved dresses since I was a little girl. My mom tells me stories of me as a little girl refusing to wear pants. I would only wear dresses. As I grew older, I stopped throwing temper tantrums when I had to wear pants, but my love of a pretty feminine dress hasn’t changed. In fact, I only wear dresses in the summer because I don’t even own a pair of shorts!

Summer is on it’s way and I can’t wait! It will soon be time to bring all my summer attire out of storage and go shopping for womens summer dresses on sale. I’m  a bit picky when I’m deciding whether or not I want to buy a dress. It can’t be too flowery, too bold or crazy patterns or bring out the problem areas that I’d like to minimize. A perfect summer dress to me is something made from a breathable material, pretty colour, and a simple design. I really like the A Line dresses because they are the most flattering on my body type. My favourite dress is a pretty blue floral print dress that I only wear in the summer. I purchased it two years ago and I’ve wear it all summer.

During the other seasons when it’s chillier out, I tend to wear my comfy yoga pants most often. The only time I will wear a dress is if we have to go out somewhere special like a wedding or family function. Before I went to a blogging conference last year, I shopped for cheap womens dresses to bring with me on my trip. I ended up selecting the typical little black dress because you can never go wrong with it. I love versatility!

Do you wear dresses? If so, what kind of dresses are your favourites?

Disclaimer: My disclosure policy is in place for this post.

Comments

1. diane says

My daughter is a huge fan of dresses! Not sure where she gets it cuz her momma is a total jeans and tshirt girl!

I use to love wearing dresses as a teen and in my twenty, but for some reason I don’t feel as comfortable in them now in my 40’s. Hope that changes because some sure are pretty and so comfortable especially in the summer time.:)

Madison
    My Meddling Mind

I love dresses. The only problem is that I have bunions and most dress shoes hurt too much. And a dress without dress shoes…well it does depend on the dress but many just don’t look right if you don’t have shoes to match.

I too love dresses. Until recently I didn’t like dresses. I only wore them for special occasions. Now I’ve lost 25 lbs (and still losing), I’m becoming more feminine in my style. Lately I have been building my collection of dresses. This beautiful weather is perfect for sundresses!

I love dresses too. But I went about a decade wearing ‘em only for special occasions, and it’s surprisingly difficult to find dresses that I like & that fit me well. :(

6. Maureen says

My Meme was the most beautiful woman in the world and she always wore pretty dresses…….I don’t think I ever saw her in pants.

P.S. You look great in the pic!