I Love to Wear Dresses

I’ve always loved dresses since I was a little girl. My mom tells me stories of me as a little girl refusing to wear pants. I would only wear dresses. As I grew older, I stopped throwing temper tantrums when I had to wear pants, but my love of a pretty feminine dress hasn’t changed. In fact, I only wear dresses in the summer because I don’t even own a pair of shorts!

Summer is on it’s way and I can’t wait! It will soon be time to bring all my summer attire out of storage and go shopping for womens summer dresses on sale. I’m  a bit picky when I’m deciding whether or not I want to buy a dress. It can’t be too flowery, too bold or crazy patterns or bring out the problem areas that I’d like to minimize. A perfect summer dress to me is something made from a breathable material, pretty colour, and a simple design. I really like the A Line dresses because they are the most flattering on my body type. My favourite dress is a pretty blue floral print dress that I only wear in the summer. I purchased it two years ago and I’ve wear it all summer.

During the other seasons when it’s chillier out, I tend to wear my comfy yoga pants most often. The only time I will wear a dress is if we have to go out somewhere special like a wedding or family function. Before I went to a blogging conference last year, I shopped for cheap womens dresses to bring with me on my trip. I ended up selecting the typical little black dress because you can never go wrong with it. I love versatility!

Do you wear dresses? If so, what kind of dresses are your favourites?

Disclaimer: My disclosure policy is in place for this post.

P.S. If you liked this post you might enjoy our Today on Simply Stacie newsletter. Receive each new post delivered right to your inbox! Sign up here.

Comments

1. diane says

My daughter is a huge fan of dresses! Not sure where she gets it cuz her momma is a total jeans and tshirt girl!

I use to love wearing dresses as a teen and in my twenty, but for some reason I don’t feel as comfortable in them now in my 40’s. Hope that changes because some sure are pretty and so comfortable especially in the summer time.:)

Madison
    My Meddling Mind

I love dresses. The only problem is that I have bunions and most dress shoes hurt too much. And a dress without dress shoes…well it does depend on the dress but many just don’t look right if you don’t have shoes to match.

I too love dresses. Until recently I didn’t like dresses. I only wore them for special occasions. Now I’ve lost 25 lbs (and still losing), I’m becoming more feminine in my style. Lately I have been building my collection of dresses. This beautiful weather is perfect for sundresses!

I love dresses too. But I went about a decade wearing ‘em only for special occasions, and it’s surprisingly difficult to find dresses that I like & that fit me well. :(

6. Maureen says

My Meme was the most beautiful woman in the world and she always wore pretty dresses…….I don’t think I ever saw her in pants.

P.S. You look great in the pic!